Curried Chicken Quarters
  Re: (...)
I'm playing with recipes today and specifically chicken, since we're also having Lab's B'day dinner. This curry method is really very tasty, so thought I'd share and get some opinions from you all.

Curried Chicken Quarters

1 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. olive oil
1 drumstick/thigh section

Combine the garlic, curry powder and olive oil; rub over all sides of the chicken and place on a small baking sheet or dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours; remove from refrigerator and roast for 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated 375° F oven to an internal temperature of 180° F.

Remove from oven and either serve immediately with a rice dish such as the one below, or chill and remove the meat from the bones and add to a salad, such as the one that follows. Makes 2 servings.

---
Disclaimer Note: I'll add a rice dish flavoring with a little cinnamon, cashews, cardamom, mint or something. And I have a couple of curry chicken salads I like, so will add one of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by cjs (I'm playing with rec...)
The option I would suggest is to skip the store-bought curry powder and make your own - even if it's just for one time - and see just how wonderful it can be. It may turn out NOT to be just for one time, after all.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by labradors (The option I would s...)
I already have made curry powder. Good idea, I just may add the recipe for it in the "Pantry" section. Don't think too many folks will want to go that route, but it would be fun to have the option for them.

We were lucky enought to cook a Thai dinner with a couple who had just returned from a stint with the Peace Corps and the curry was my job. One of the most memorable dinners I've ever had!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by cjs (I already have made ...)
Ah! Is this for another book? I was just suggesting it since so few people do try it and thought this was just something you were trying at home. For a book, I would definitely put it as an option rather than the main recipe in most cases.
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by labradors (Ah! Is this for ano...)
yup, next book....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by cjs (yup, next book.... ...)
I love, love, love curry. I was telling a woman at a party once about a lentil curry recipe I had made and how good it was and she said "eh, it sounds okay but I'm just not a curry girl". I was stunned.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by foodfiend (I love, love, love c...)
Yeah, I've encountered a few people who either disliked or only tolerated curry. There aren't many types of curry that I DON'T like.
  Re: Re: Curried Chicken Quarters by labradors (Yeah, I've encounter...)
You know, I had mentioned trying curry as a summer project, but I never got around to it. Jean had suggested a Nigella recipe. But recently, I was doing a search for something totally unrelated in MC and noticed the Indian-Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe. DUH! We HAVE had curry before! So I'll be glad to give this a try, Jean. It will be interesting to see if we like curry enough to enjoy in it without all the other flavors....and all the butter...LOL! (I read my note and saw where others had suggested halving the butter, but I didn't see it until it was done! I felt so guilty! Andrew didn't help...he kept trying to tell William that anything with THAT much butter in it HAD to be good...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.