Tortilla Mold Question
  Re: (...)
I am using mine for the first time tonight and on the directions it says to spray the mold with non-stick spray.

Now, I seem to remember when some of you make your tostadas you sprayed the tortilla itself with the spray.

Is that right? And of you spray the tortilla, do you also spray the mold?

Thanks!
  Re: Tortilla Mold Question by Trixxee (I am using mine for ...)
it's an either or situation. I wish I was at your house tonight....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tortilla Mold Question by cjs (it's an either or si...)

I believe with my metal tortilla mold they said to put down wax paper /
saran wrap then make the fresh tortilla in that.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Tortilla Mold Question by mjkcooking ([br][br]I believe wi...)
Marye, I wonder if we're talking about the same thing? Trixxee is talking about the mold that is used to form an already made tortilla to bake into a bowl shape.

You're talking about forming the raw tortilla dough itself?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tortilla Mold Question by cjs (Marye, I wonder if w...)
Thank you! They turned out perfect. Fun!
  Re: Re: Tortilla Mold Question by Trixxee (Thank you! They tur...)
I know I'm late to the party, but I sprayed the pan and then sprayed the exposed side of the tortilla before baking. This was for the flour tortillas, BTW.

Another note, I had one left over, so I bagged it and saved it. It was still in good shape almost a week later. I had made chili, and William decided to test it out as a bowl for that. It worked like a charm! I'm sure the corn tortillas would work just as well or better. It made a great presentation. Sorry, no pictures of that one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.