Saturday's Dinner, What's Up?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm thinking of the rice taco Sharon mentioned last week - can't get it out of my mind...or, I still have my acorn squash for the black bean stuffing thing. decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Found some langostinos in the freezer, so something with that. Not sure what yet, maybe that seafood pot pie? Anyone remember what issue that was? Open for suggestions
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by farnfam (Found some langostin...)
Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We are going up to daughter Laurie's this afternoon.

A new Penzeys has opened on the way up so it's going to be a fun trip.

She's thawed out a boneless less of lamb (from a lamb the Granddaughters raised!), we'll do something with that, a couscous salad, some bread, and ????? we'll see what's fresh.

It's going to be fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by Harborwitch (We are going up to d...)
"Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side" - Good Lord, everyone to Barbara's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"seafood pot pie? " - sounds familiar, but can't remember....

Is this it???
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post43889
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by cjs ("Filets with Port Wi...)
Thanx, Jean, that looks like it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by farnfam (Thanx, Jean, that lo...)
An oldie but a goodie from Epicurious. However we will grill the salmon. Not sure about the side other than the spinach. Maybe just some steamed rice.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ach-107073
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by Trixxee (An oldie but a goodi...)
Everything sounds good! We're going to Hubby's office party tonight... They've hired a band, so there'll be dancing. not looking forward to the food, though. It's at a banquet hall not known for good eats.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by cjs ("Filets with Port Wi...)
Quote:

"Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side" - Good Lord, everyone to Barbara's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the good thing is, I haven't commited clammacide!! So far, they all look good to be steamed. But I did have to throw one out as it was cracked on arrival.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me." Barbara, I like the way you think! That's my kind of side!

I'm actually going to get to do Lab's Dinner Review on time after all! That's what's for dinner tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.