OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by Gourmet_Mom (WHEW! Did your comp...)
I don't know - what would tell me that?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by cjs (I don't know - what ...)
You'd need to do a manual scan. Just open your security software and hit scan. Then do the same with your Virus software.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by Gourmet_Mom (You'd need to do a m...)
Okay. Good. You should, of course, make sure whatever antivirus program you are using is up to date and scan the whole computer with it. In addition, I would suggest downloading, updating and scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Since this is the kind of thing for which you should NOT follow a forum link, I am not including a link in this message. Instead, just search for malwarebytes and go to the malwarebytes.org link. The actual download is hosted through Cnet's download.com, Major Geeks, File Hippo, et al so don't worry that it's a different site (which one you get will depend upon the amount of traffic at the time).

Once you have downloaded it, go ahead and install it, but (and I would suggest this for ANY software installation) choose the "advanced" or "custom" (I forget what Malwarebytes calls it, if they even have it) installation option. Just accept the default values for any question, but (again, I ALWAYS suggest this) UNCHECK any options for toolbars, Symantec scans, Norton scans, McAfee scans, default search pages, etc. When it asks if you want to download updates right away, go ahead and do so. Finally, run a full-computer scan and, if any threats are found, have Malwarebytes remove them. For some problems, it may ask if you would like someone from their paid service to do the removal, but you can just say, "No," and proceed.

Just a general update, for everyone, about security software: I used to recommend AVG antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall and AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy anti-adware/anti-spyware. My current recommendations are Avra antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall, A-Squared and Spybot Search and Destroy anti-adware/anti-spyware and Malwarebytes anti-malware. A number of these things have some overlapping functionality, but that's good, since one may catch what another one misses.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by labradors (Okay. Good. You sh...)
I meant change your Facebook password - not any others.
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by HomeCulinarian (I meant change your ...)
Btw your facebook is still posting links on people's walls

At 4:30pm you "posted" to Sonja, Billy, Roy and Laura.
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by DFen911 (Btw your facebook is...)
THIS sounds like really good information. Maybe it can help.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT-IMPORTANT-CJS'S FACEBOOK by labradors ([url=http://www.make...)
I think I have them all gone now and changed my password. I've also printed out your posts, Labs, so we can show them to the computer folks down the hill.

Thanks all and I's sure sorry this is going on. About to quite facebook entirely.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com