OT Gotta end sometime...
  Re: (...)
Sick and tired of this, getting worried April will be a repeat of a few years ago, when the Lamprey flooded and cut off most of the town.

[Image: DSCN1231.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1227.jpg]

And this is after I shoveled off the first 24 inches...

We can't see around street corners, walking anywhere is a pain, the roads are getting narrower and narrower, no mail-

Spring can't come to soon for me. Supposed to be early, according to Phil

The 29" is in the yard, the mountain behind is plowed snow.
  Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by pjcooks (Sick and tired of th...)
HOLY COW! That's a LOT of snow! Good luck PJ! The snow is bad enough, but people don't usually think about what happens when the snow melts. That can be more devastating than the snow storm.

Stay safe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Holy cr@p!!! That's a lot of snow! Stay warm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by Gourmet_Mom (HOLY COW! That's a ...)
Yeah! I clearly remember being stuck on the farm for 9 days last year because of the water. Spring floods are far worse than the snow.

Poor Bob learned to late not to pile the snow uphill from the mobile. He had to move a lot of snow piles.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by Harborwitch (Yeah! I clearly rem...)
"Poor Bob learned to late not to pile the snow uphill from the mobile. He had to move a lot of snow piles." "SPEW!" I'm sorry, Sharon! But that is just too funny! Poor Bob!

VERY OT...but I have to throw this in. And forgive me if I have pointed this out before. But have any of you noticed the similarity of some of the members/member spouses on here? I STAY confused. I won't call Labs by his name for fear I'll use the wrong one! Roy, Ron, Rob, Bob, and Bill! William is known to most people outside the family and friends from his early life as Bill! GEEZ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by Harborwitch (Yeah! I clearly rem...)
The flooding is what has been on my mind since all this snow started. Bad times ahead....even more.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by cjs (The flooding is what...)
Now rethinking the plan to move to northern Massachusetts...

Good luck PJ, may this all pass quickly and painlessly!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by foodfiend (Now rethinking the p...)
My teeth chatter just looking at that! I would be so worried about my roof or deck. Please stay warm and safe
  Re: Re: OT Gotta end sometime... by DFen911 (My teeth chatter jus...)
Ok. This really puts things into perspective for me. I've been feeling really put out by all the cold weather we've been having here. But 29 inches of snow?! I mean, I do believe I would just want to die.

Though I would like to say that it is 20 degrees here right now. Maybe that's not that low in New Hampshire, but in Austin, Texas, we just don't know how to act.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
I have two nieces going to Northwestern U. I can bet they're not loving life right now.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.