Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks
  Re: (...)
Okay this came in the email recipes - looks and sounds wonderful but I'm a little confused.

I get the Chipotle mashed potatoes are on the bottom, then the spinach, then something that looks creamy, the the steaks, then something on top of them????? Anyone got a clue?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by Harborwitch (Okay this came in th...)
Well, it's certainly not listed in the recipe, but the recipe doesn't even say ANYTHING about plating the dish, so the photo appears to be like one of those that you see on packaged food (i.e. the ones that say "serving suggestion" so that people can't say that something is missing from the box).

It would appear that the potatoes are topped with sour cream or crème fraiche and the steak is topped with a compound butter.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by labradors (Well, it's certainly...)
I've made this before and it is WONDERFUL! It's in the Cuisine for Two cookbook. The sauce is port wine and beef broth with garlic, tomato paste and Worcestershire. The photo in the book is same photo in the email and that's how I served it.

We loved it! In looking at my notes, I only made a comment that the potatoes are enough to serve 3.
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by HomeCulinarian (I've made this befor...)
Oh my, hadn't noticed (or had forgotten ) that dinner, it sure looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by cjs (Oh my, hadn't notice...)
Thanks all - I'll check out the original recipe. It does sound awfully good and it looks amazing.
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by Harborwitch (Thanks all - I'll ch...)
I'm pretty sure I made this for my son's birthday bbq 3 or 4 years ago. Are there grape tomatoes sauteed with the spinach?

I think the creamy stuff on top of the potatoes (or spinach) is like a lime adobo creama sauce.

My guests went bananas for this dish.
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by Trixxee (I'm pretty sure I ma...)
I found it. Feb. 07, Issue 61.

OK, for the lime crema that tops the potatoes you mix 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 T. fresh lime juice, pinch of salt.

Compound butter to top the steaks, combine 1 stick unsalted butter, 1 T. fresh minced parsley, 1 t. minced lemon zest, 1/4 t. kosher salt.

I'm going to have to put the meal together soon.
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by Trixxee (I found it. Feb. 07...)
Thanks. Mystery solved.
  Re: Re: Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks by Harborwitch (Thanks. Mystery sol...)
We made this one, also. I remember the potatoes were amazing! Everything else was very good, also!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.