Argentine Beef
  Re: (...)
Delicious!! I had a rib eye (500mg) and Jane had filet (400mg), Pampas fed, no marbling. Tender and flavorfull--paired with a bufalata caprese salad. The Reserve Malbec was perfect. $95 US, total!!. Incredible. Argentina does not allow tips on a credit card, so Jane and I found two $5's US and $20 pesos --our waiter was thrilled!! Tips are difficult and rare here--I don't understand!?! As good as this was I still like corn fed beef. Report from Buenos Aires!!! Tomorrow, shopping and dinner with a tango show!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Argentine Beef by Old Bay ( Delicious!! I had a...)
Hey, Bill and Jane! I'm glad to hear from you and that you are okay and still having fun!

"As good as this was I still like corn fed beef." This is surprising. I had always believed their beef was superior to ours. Now I don't feel so deprived. That's a good thing! I'll continue to savor my steaks...like the one I had tonight!

Tango! What an exciting dance! Envy is a very bad thing...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Argentine Beef by Old Bay ( Delicious!! I had a...)
Welcome home "kids"! It sounds like a wonderful meal! I still wish I'd had a chance to try grass fed beef in ND. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip and the food!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by Harborwitch (Welcome home "kids"!...)
Sharon, it was over 30 years ago, and I still remember my first grass fed beef burger on my only trip out west. NO comparison!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, it was over ...)
Oh Bill thank you for the update!! Do you recall the name of the winery the Malbec was from? I want to check BevMo now.

Cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see pics.
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by DFen911 (Oh Bill thank you fo...)
Thanx for the update! Looking forward to photos!
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by DFen911 (Oh Bill thank you fo...)
Quote:

Oh Bill thank you for the update!! Do you recall the name of the winery the Malbec was from? I want to check BevMo now.

Cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see pics.

Itwas aNorton Malbec that we tasted at the restaurant-- at ahe winery we toured the day before it was Tannant--Uraguay's grape.
It was Bouza--a family owned winery outside Mountevideo--they also have a banquet room and served us a generous meal of beef and grilled vegis.--wine tasting included a chardonney, a merlot, a tannat/tempranello blend and a pure tannat-- you're right Sharon--a fine grape. All were excellent--also had a tango exhibition.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've heard Argentina does not export their best wines, Denise.

what a fabulous trip you guys are having!! By the way, do you know what your daughter is up to back home?????????????????? She and Derek are tying to go camping!! In Texas!! In this weather!!! (I almost told her she could not go!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Argentine Beef by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Didn't you just love the Tannat??? The winery down the road has an "Inkblot Tannat" that is heaven. They have 5 acres planted so it's a limited bottling. But we love it.

I'd love to try that blend and will have to keep my eyes open.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!