A splendiferous array of culinary tools!
  Re: (...)
How many do you have!?!

[Image: SplendiferousTools_large.jpg]
  Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by HomeCulinarian (How many do you have...)
For me, it's shorter to say what I don't have...Man, I wish Billy was here to answer this one, he probably had every one!!

Mezzaluna
salad spinner
rotorary grater
oven mitt & pot holders (I use side towels)

How 'bout your kitchen, Jeannette???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by cjs (For me, it's shorter...)
Ok I have all but 9...

Pie Weights - I use beans
I don't have a Mezzaluna
Poltry Shears I just use the regular shears, I have 3 pair lol!
Fruit divider never even considered using
Egg slicer, I just grab my paring knife
Of course I would have 2 of the cheese slicers - soft and Parm
Clam knife...do you open those before they are cooked? I thought they were just steamed open.
Citrus Press - I never juice my fruit that way, I have a green squeezer for limes and a yellow on for lemons
I don't have a foodmill either but really want one!
Now the Chinoise I dont have, but I do have a China Cap so I called that one a wash even though one is finer than the other.
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by cjs (For me, it's shorter...)
I don't have any mills, timers, scales, ricers, mandolins or cheese knives. I think I have just about everything else.
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by Trixxee (I don't have any mil...)
I don't have the mezzluna, forgot my ladle, don't have the fruit divider thing, poultry shears. I had to leave some things back in ND, but I've got lots and lots of them with me. We even found the food mill. Of course we were looking for the chili grill - couldn't find the d@mn thing. S#it. A dozen peppers just waiting to be stuffed and grilled.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by Harborwitch (I don't have the mez...)
My list of 'don't haves' - Mezzaluna, clam knife, cleaver, cheese knives, meat grinder, poultry shears, fruit divider, spider, chinoise, pie weights, flat whisk, candy thermometer, scale (have digital), egg timer, rotary grater.

Of the things I don't have, I would only want the cheese knives and flat whisk - but I'm not complaining!
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by HomeCulinarian (My list of 'don't ha...)
"Of course we were looking for the chili grill - couldn't find the d@mn thing. S#it. A dozen peppers just waiting to be stuffed and grilled."

Sharon, you gave me yours the day of the "Last party on the Hill" - is that the one you're looking for?

Denise, when I saw fruit divider, I thought what the h*ll is that? Took me forever to see it on the chart - no, I don't have one of those and don't know what it's used for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by cjs ("Of course we were l...)
Fruit divider -is an apple slicer/corer. I use mine every day! A must if you have kids that eat apple slices! I do not use it for anything over than apples.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by esgunn (Fruit divider -is an...)
I don't have:

Bulb Baster (What's the difference between that and the meat baster?)
Pie Weights (I use beans.)
Scale (I have one, but it's on display. I use my digital.)
Fish Spatula
Slotted Spatula (Looks like an offset spatula...something I want.)
Butcher Block (I have my dad's, but it's HUGE and in storage.)
Egg Timer (It's digital.)
Rotary Grater
Cheese Plane
Scoop Colander
Box Grater (I have the different sized graters from MicroPlane.)
Ginger Grater
Food Mill
Spice Mill (I use a coffee grinder.)
Mezzaluna
Soft Cheese knife
Parmesan knife
Ladle (Mine walked to the farm and won't come home.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A splendiferous array of culinary tools! by cjs ("Of course we were l...)
We bought another one - an 18 holer! I know we brought it! We just have to find it soon.

I don't have the fruit divider - but I do have a mango pitter thing. Oh, and the apple peeler/slicer/corer crank thing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!