Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link
  Re: (...)
For an easier search through the forum:

http://gourmetlibrary.com/products/39881...d-Tomatoes

This is a great price for these! I pay $1 extra at the farm stand where I get these, and I don't mind, but the farm stand is closed until Easter Weekend.

Enjoy!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by BarbaraS (For an easier search...)
They are super yummy and the delivery is very fast! I ordered on a Tuesday, and they were at my door on Saturday evening!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by Gourmet_Mom (They are super yummy...)
THANK YOU, BARBARA!!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by foodfiend (THANK YOU, BARBARA!!...)
thanks Barbara, I was on the road when all this was going on, but I did taste the tomatoes at Bill & Janes. So, I do want to order some.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by cjs (thanks Barbara, I wa...)
Having lived in Southern New Jersey for many years, I can say, unequivocally, that the generally accepted, stereotypical impression of New Jersey has NOTHING to do with MOST of the state. Instead, it's what New Yorkers say about the part of New Jersey near New York City AND the condition of that area that earned the stereotype was due to the influence of New York City, anyway.

Otherwise, the official nickname of New Jersey is "The Garden State," and it truly lives up to that name. Tomatoes, corn, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries (I used to live just three miles from a cranberry bog) are some of the best in the country.

It wouldn't surprise me if the "Jersey Fresh" are not only grown in New Jersey, but are also two great New-Jersey varieties, Rutgers and Ramapo. If they've managed to capture THAT flavour in a can, then it should be a VERY special product, indeed.

For those who have never been there, if you get the opportunity, take a trip to Hammonton, some time - especially the first week of June (i.e. strawberry-picking time). It just cannot be beaten.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by labradors (Having lived in Sout...)
I don't know what kind of tomatoes they used...Barbara? But what I DO know is that they taste just like fresh crushed tomatoes...as if I took my best summer tomatoes, peeled them and cooked them down. Just PURE, sweet, mellow tomato.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know what ki...)
Ohh, I'm going to have to order a dozen of these cans of tomatoes!

Labs - Long Island used to have (and probably still does) have really great strawberry and peach farms. I had a lot of fun picking our own berries as a kid with my dad. More went into the mouth than in the basket!
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by labradors (Having lived in Sout...)
Quote:

For those who have never been there, if you get the opportunity, take a trip to Hammonton, some time - especially the first week of June (i.e. strawberry-picking time). It just cannot be beaten.

Or the end of June for Blueberry picking season in Hammonton!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Jersey Fresh Crushed Tomatoes Link by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I just ordered 24 cans (telling myself that the price per can, including shipping, went down as my quantity went up...).
These came in at $2.58/ can and I buy the San Marzano at the Italian store for $3.19. Plus I then get to haul them to whatever far reaches of the nearby streets I was able to park the car. The Jersey Fresh are being delivered! Must have cookies or something for the driver-- it's a long trip from the bottom of the driveway to the house. Plus remember to salt the steps, too. Worth it, though!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
When I lived in the area I lusted for the Silver Queen Corn--white, sweet & delicious!! (on the cob, or otherwise)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".