What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having twice baked potatoes - have a little of the Artichoke dip left from SuperBowl, so will mix with something... crab? and a green salad.

By the way, Rouxfy's Ciabatta that I made a few days ago - I took one of the 'chunks' out of the freezer and stuck it in the oven wrapped in foil, then unwrapped it and didn't think it was quite warmed thru, so just put it back in the oven 'naked' and oh my, the crust was so crispy wonderful, we almost made a dinner of just the bread. Love crusty crust!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I think we're going to have some baked fish with rice pilaf and asparagus. I'm getting tired of heavy winter food.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by karyn (I think we're going ...)
Tonight, I'll be making both of Theresa's birthday-dinner recipes. Since my gas oven doesn't have a broiler and I don't have a separate salamander broiler, I'll be doing the broiling in two batches in my large toaster oven. Everything else will be as written, but my mom (who doesn't have a slow cooker) has asked how this recipe could be adjusted for a Dutch oven instead of a slow cooker. This one would seem to be relatively straightforward - just low heat (and maybe a heat diffuser, just in case) for the Dutch oven, but do any of you have any other tips?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Tonight we're having asparagus veloute, braised lamb shanks with polenta, and a vegetable "yet to be determined".
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by labradors (Tonight, I'll be mak...)
Rob you might look at this conversion chart and just use it in reverse. Slow cooker conversion
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by esgunn (Rob you might look a...)
What great information there, Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by cjs (What great informati...)
Interesting, Erin. Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by labradors (Interesting, Erin. ...)
Wow, Erin, I bet that chart has come in handy for gym nights!

Today is William's Birthday!

[Image: party2-1.gif]

He requested pizza, so all is ready and waiting! BG took the day off and is driving in to surprise him! William will have his meat lovers, and I'm making the Mountain Mike's BLT Chicken Club pizza using Caesar dressing instead of Ranch on the crust and topped with a Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, Erin, I bet tha...)
Happy Birthday, William - you old dog!! Be careful or you're going to catch up to me!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 2/8? by cjs (Happy Birthday, Will...)
Happy Birthday William!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.