1 tablespoon nonpareil capers
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 slices dark raisin bread
5 tablespoons butter -- at room temperature
4 small handfuls arugula
8 ounces taleggio cheese -- rind removed, at room temperature
4 pinches fleur de sel

Place the apricots in small saucepan and add water just to cover.

Bring to full boil and immediately remove from heat. Mix in the capers, mustard and olive oil.
Pulse in blender to chunky consistency; set aside.

Spread one side of each bread slice evenly (to the edges) with 1/2 tablespoon butter. With buttered sides down, top four slices with 2 tablespoons of apricot mixture, a handful of arugula and equal portions of cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.

Place a large skillet over high heat, and melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.

Reduce the heat to low and add sandwiches. Cook until browned and crisp on both sides, about 2 minutes a side.

Transfer to a platter lined with paper towels, and sprinkle each with a pinch of fleur de sel.
Cut in half and serve.

Description:
"Grilled Taleggio Sandwich with Apricots and Capers is served at The Foundry on Melrose for $9, or $12 with beef short rib added."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Grilled Taleggio Sandwich with Apricots and Capers by cjs (Does this sound yumm...)
That doesn't sound good at all - it sounds heavenly!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Grilled Taleggio Sandwich with Apricots and Capers by Harborwitch (That doesn't sound g...)
Other than the raisin bread, it sounds amazing! I think sourdough might work better for me. I'm not much of a raisin bread fan.
  Re: Re: Grilled Taleggio Sandwich with Apricots and Capers by karyn (Other than the raisi...)
Same here Karyn. They sound really good, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.