What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13?
  Re: (...)
What are you all having tonight?

My last half of truffle pizza dough is thawing - I have some wonderful mushrooms, taleggio cheese, bacon, gr. onions, a little Mozz and Pecorino..... and, I'm going to shave a little truffle over a couple of the pieces.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by cjs (What are you all hav...)
We've got all the pieces for the rotisserie on the grill so we're going to get a chicken or ????? to put on there. I think, depending on what it is - maybe some peas, fingerling potatoes, and pearl onions in a dill sauce and a salad.

I want some GOOD food tonight!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Harborwitch (We've got all the pi...)
I think we're going to have our Valentine's Dinner tonight. I want to be able to enjoy it. But I'm going to pass on the dessert. I'm going to wait for Ashley's visit for my birthday. I'll get her to bring me the ladyfingers and marscapone cheese.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Gourmet_Mom (I think we're going ...)
He took a piece of mystery meat from the freezer, turned out to be pork. Cut it into 3 big steaks, coated it in seasoned cassava flour and put it in the cazuela with onions, celery and enchilada sauce, will add butter beans later.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Lorraine (He took a piece of m...)
Bob got a beautiful chicken for the rotisserie, I'm going to whip up a loaf of bread for Francois' oven, the peas in dill sauce, and Francois is going to make Ceasar salad. Oooooh good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Lorraine (He took a piece of m...)
Gosh, that sounds almost as good as what we're having, Lorraine! Inspiration for later this week...

Ron made a huge pot of "Ron's favorite spaghetti sauce" for spaghetti tonight. It's basically my recipe for sauce, but with ground meat, sauteed green peppers, mushrooms and chunks of italian sausage. We're also having a mixed green salad, french bread and a "nice red" to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Mare749 (Gosh, that sounds al...)
Maryann, I wish I was closer. I rarely cook pasta because of the carbs in it, but I sure miss it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Lorraine (Maryann, I wish I wa...)
Oh my, the truffle pizza was again, so very good! But, I won't waste my little supply of truffles on pizza again - there's just too much flavor there, it can't shine. So, will keep it for something like pasta tossed with butter and truffles or what I'm doing tomorrow for my aunt (that we will split with her) - I'm going to rub some truffle butter between the skin and roast it. YUM

[Image: CIMG0411.jpg]

Edna, who has a kitchen shop in town sent a ceramic knife home for me to try using on the truffles - at the last minute I can't find my truffle shaver.....too many moves in between, I think.

Anyway, this little knife works nicely, but I don't think I'll buy it, I think the shaver does a better job or maybe it's just that it seems to fit more.
[Image: CIMG0407.jpg]

I think this has to be my all time favorite pizza....ever.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Lorraine (Maryann, I wish I wa...)
Maryann, dinner sounds amazing!

Oh, we were posting at the same time. Jean, that looks AMAZING! I can't wait to make that one! It's on the menu for Saturday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight, Sunday, 2/13? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, dinner soun...)
Greek meatballs with lemon cous-cous and cucumber tadziki relish. I'm able to stand for a bit after back surgery, so I'm back to cooking. Still on the heavy meds, though.