Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing?
  Re: (...)
Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone here. Just checking in to see if anyone has anything planned for the evening.

We usually stay in, but this year reservations were made at Nectar Wine Bar and Bistro. I have been watching their menu since November (it changes frequently), drooling over the selections. I am excited to go and their menu just changed last Thursday, but nothing looks that great. I am kinda disappointed. I would wait until the menu changed again, but we have reservations with two other couples.

Here is a link to the menu: Nectar - Menu

Help me pick something good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by luvnit (Good morning and Hap...)
It is kinda sucky having a Monday birthday. I am procrastinating getting ready for work. Tonight hubby teaches until late so steaks for dinner and I am afraid it won't be very exciting because I will be pooped.

Laura, I would go with all the starters and then the crab topped mahimahi.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by chef_Tab (It is kinda sucky ha...)
Oh Theresa, what a bummer and having to go to work on top of it all!!!! That's o.k., where ever you are you will have a 'year older' gleam in your eye and spread happiness!!

Hmmmmmm, what I'd have, Laura-
Ahi Poke "Hawaiian Tostados"
Moroccan-spiced game hens

You might mention to them to spread their wings a little and get some Oregon and Washington wines in their establishment......

Have fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by cjs (Oh Theresa, what a b...)
I was thinking the same thing Jean. A nice Oregon Pinot with those game hens would be wonderful! Then a cheese plate for dessert!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by Harborwitch (I was thinking the s...)
Laura, I'd be ordering the beef tenderloin, then the cheese plate. Nice menu!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by Lorraine (Laura, I'd be orderi...)
It all looks good to me. I had a hard time picking, especially the entrée...any one of them sound great. But If I had to pick, I'd go for either the Brie or the Blue Cheese Plate for starters. For an entrée, I'd pick the cioppino or the Mahi....probably the Mahi. Both sound delicious...although the tenderloin ain't looking too bad. But I prefer a good seafood dish when I can get it.

Oh, I like everyone's suggestion to do the cheese plate AFTER the entrée!

Have a GREAT time!

Ooops! I forgot to mention our plans. We're staying in also. Nowhere decent to go anyway.
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by Gourmet_Mom (It all looks good to...)
Sitting in the Mexican sun, planning on going out for seafood tonite
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by farnfam (Sitting in the Mexic...)
And the Empress has spoken and made all of us jealous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by Gourmet_Mom (And the Empress has ...)
Hey, I just realized. I guess this must be today's dinner thread.

I'm going to either make Yangchow Fried Rice with a veggie stir-fry or Shrimp Lo Mein. I'll decide when I get in the kitchen.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Valentine's Day!!! What are you doing? by Gourmet_Mom (And the Empress has ...)
Cis
Empress for Life