Freezing Roasted Mushrooms
  Re: (...)
Has anyone done this? We had the better part of a case of creminis left from an event, so he tossed them with olive oil, granulated garlic, s&p, and roasted them. They taste fabulous. The roasting really dries them out, so I decided to freeze a few bags of them. I'll open one next week to see how they fair. I'm thinking in roasted dishes, or a bruscetta mix, they should be good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by Lorraine (Has anyone done this...)
"I'm thinking in roasted dishes, or a bruscetta mix, they should be good.

I agree, I'm trying to think of what all mushrooms I've frozen - I even froze some raw and used. They weren't pretty, but tasted fine in a sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by cjs ("I'm thinking in roa...)
Many frozen pizzas have mushrooms on top with no problems.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by labradors (Many frozen pizzas h...)
They are all frozen, time will tell.
  Re: Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by Lorraine (They are all frozen,...)
We got a last minute call to do a luncheon for two at the Winery yesterday. The main course was filet mignon, so out came the mushrooms. I was afraid they would lose some of their taste or texture, but they were great.
  Re: Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by Lorraine (We got a last minute...)
Good to know! I will keep that one in mind for future use. Thank you for coming back with an update.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Freezing Roasted Mushrooms by luvnit (Good to know! I will...)
I'm glad for the update, too. I won't be throwing out any more mushrooms. I just roast them and pop them in the freezer for a later date.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.