Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers
  Re: (...)
I know there are threads on here about this, but most got derailed. I got some input, but most of the info is from so long ago, I'm not sure it's valid anymore. So I'm trying again.

My deep fryer died a while back, and I'm finding I'm missing it more than I realized. If you own one you LOVE or LUST for one, please weigh in. I'm looking for something affordable, though...under 200 bucks.

I am looking closely at the MasterBuilt Turkey Fryer right now. I like the capacity and the reviews are good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by Gourmet_Mom (I know there are thr...)
We have a wonderful Europro that Billy gave us and we have another one (can't remember the brand). We brought the Europro - and really love it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by Harborwitch (We have a wonderful ...)
Well crap - I posted on another thread......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by cjs (Well crap - I posted...)
I have the DeLonghi D895UX Cool-Touch ROTO Electric 1-1/2-Pound-Capacity Food Fryer and I love it!!!

[Image: 415AQXFNRWL.jpg]

It uses 1/2 the oil of a traditional fryer, the inside is slope and the food is automatically rotated thru the deep end to the shallow end.

There is a filter in the top so if you can wash it. It has a hose channel in the bottom for easy cleaning and comes with a strainer so you can filter the oil and reuse.
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by DFen911 (I have the DeLonghi ...)
Daphne, I'm moving our conversation here so it doesn't get lost....

Daphne, I've had just about every model and type of fryer over the years and my favorite is the one that took my right back to the basics!!

[Image: fryer.jpg]

MIU Hard Anodized Aluminum 6-Quart Stovetop Deep Fryer
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H7MUEK/ref=...ASIN=B000H7MUEK

My most imporatnt reason for loving this one - I can keep it clean - every other one I've had, even with diligent cleaning, they would end up sticky and looking crappy.

Some folks mentioned that the basket doesn't fill the pot tightly enough, so they have to use more oil than they want - I don't use the basket, so doesn't affect me often. when I do use it, I like it.

The basket and lid can go in the dishwasher, so easy cleaning, but the pot needs to be hand washed, which is no problem. The pot can be used for other uses also and the whole thing is easier to store than a 'piece of equipment' is.
And, it's so easy to pour the oil out of it - what a pain it used to be.

Can you tell I really like this one?

Daphne - But what about temperature control?

cjs - You use a thermometer and a dial on your stove! To me, it's easier to regulate than a 'unit' is.

Daphne - I don't have gas. Would that make a difference?

cjs - Not at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by cjs (Daphne, I'm moving o...)
The last one I had is the one Denise has - deleted what I was going to say. I don't want to offend anyone. I'll sit back and hear what others have to say.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by cjs (The last one I had i...)
Thanks, Jean! Okay, let's see if others weigh in.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean! Okay,...)
I have one, I think it's Waring. I find I use my enameled cast iron Dutch Oven and a candy thermometer more often than I use the electric one. I feel I have more control and can cook more at one time.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by Dismc (I have one, I think ...)
" can cook more at one time." - yes, another reason. (sorry, I was going to keep still....)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Electric Countertop Deep-Fryers by cjs (" can cook more at o...)
Keep you quiet....PUUULLLLEEEEZZZ! Who are you kidding?

But you two are starting to convince me, though. I'm going to let the others weigh in before making a final decision with William's input.
Daphne