What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu - I know Denise is smoking a brisket - I can smell it up here.....

Leftovers here - want to use up some of the 'stock' we talked about on Vicci's thread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm going to get my planning done and make a final decision later. Jody's here (the employee) and needs some cheering up, so I want something special.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I think we all know what I am having. Individual pork wellingtons with mushroom gravy, roasted carrots, and lemon broccoli. (Wegmans didn't have broccolini).
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by chef_Tab (I think we all know ...)
Well, I've had a package of carne asada I bought from supposedly the best Latin market in S. Orange County in my freezer for 4 months. I'm hoping it is still good. We will grill that up for some tacos. If I can get some decent looking corn I'd like to make corn on the cob with a chile lime butter. And I think I'm going to purchase some guacamole from a little mexican place around the corner. The last time I bought avocados to make guac. 3 of 4 of them were bad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by Trixxee (Well, I've had a pac...)
Having guests and so looking so forward to dinner. Flexing Mussels (with fennel and leek and red bell pepper in a delicious broth served over a small bed of pasta)- salad, and 18 hour bread to sop up the goodness. Pavlova for dessert.
Shannon
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by Dismc (Having guests and so...)
The dinners sound great! The Church behind us is having a fundraiser dinner tonight, he'll be in the kitchen, I'll be a waitress. We'll probably have cabbage rolls when we get home, or a meatloaf sandwich.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by Lorraine (The dinners sound gr...)
Got it! I was trippin' through some old threads and somebody mentioned Jean's Beer Brats. It's absolutely gorgeous here. The lake is busy with boats. I'll make a pasta salad to go with...PERFECT!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by Gourmet_Mom (Got it! I was tripp...)
Sounds like a great spring dinner, Daphne!!

Shannon!! "Flexing Mussels (with fennel and leek and red bell pepper in a delicious broth served over a small bed of pasta)"

When you get a minute, I'd sure like to hear more about this one. Have fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by cjs (Sounds like a great ...)
I'm doing Pork Wellington as well, but the one I'm doing is where you cut a "V" in the tenderloin and fill it in with Boursin cheese, then wrap it up in Prosciutto, fry a bit to make it stick, then wrap it up in Puff Pastry. Then, I'm doing a great variation on the Port Wine sauce with cranberries and changing out the cranberries for dried cherries. Great combo for the pork.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/19? by BarbaraS (I'm doing Pork Welli...)
Sounds really good, Barbara!!
www.achefsjourney.com