A day in LA
  Re: (...)
Had such a wonderful day with my friend, and previous chef instructor! She took me all over and showed me all sorts of gems. If you're bored the blog is here.

But I tell you it really makes you realize there is so much around us that we don't even realize. Makes me want to get out and explore more
  Re: A day in LA by DFen911 (Had such a wonderful...)
I read it Denise! Sounds like a fantastic day. I would want unlimited energy, funds and cooler for all the bounty! I know there is not that much around here. Although I have found a few little gems. There is a Euro Mart/Deli that I want to try, but it is in a really weird place and the only time I think of it is when I am leaving the Super WalMart and I am DONE!

Steve and I keep thinking that we wish there was local restaurant hang out near us. You know, the kinds they have on Diners Drive In's and Dives or the The Best Thing I Ever Ate. But so far I haven't found that place.

Anyway - your adventure was fun. I wanted to be your companion too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: A day in LA by esgunn (I read it Denise! S...)
Denise, what an incredible experience! I am inspired to explore the city...maybe I'll find my own gems.

Thanks for sharing the experience!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A day in LA by esgunn (I read it Denise! S...)
Cool! Glad you liked the Pho bò. Orlando had a "Little Saigon" section with several Vietnamese restaurants and a few Vietnamese stores, and it was great.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A day in LA by labradors (Cool! Glad you like...)
Derek and I have planned a day to go back to the cheese shop the wine shop and the restaurant And then my goal is to find at least 2 more places.
  Re: Re: A day in LA by DFen911 (Derek and I have pla...)
Wow, just Wow, Denise!! I just spent 1 1/2 hours devouring your blog and have 3 pages of notes!! I love stealing ideas from others' menus - fodder for cookbooks!!

This tour will be on our agenda in October when we come thru again - all I can say is thank you, thank you - these are the finds we look for in every city we stop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A day in LA by cjs (Wow, just Wow, Denis...)
Denise

I loved your Blog and love to find little gems - What a day you had

Love to go and look around Seattle this way - Lots of Fun places to find.

When you move to Oregon - perhaps we can all meet in Seattle and do a day trip.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: A day in LA by mjkcooking (Denise [br][br]I lov...)
I'm free that day!!!! And between Erin, Marye and me - wow, what a bunch of ideas we could have. and, the fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A day in LA by cjs (I'm free that day!!!...)
That would be fun! Portland is another city I would love to explore.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: A day in LA by esgunn (That would be fun! ...)
Oh how fun! I would love to spend an afternoon visiting these places.

And, YOU FOUND MUSSELS!