Cheese help needed!
  Re: (...)
Jean, Allison????

We bought a Mt. Townsend Creamery Cirrus - camembert didn't realize that, and we're not crazy about camembert but I'm wondering if I could grill it on a cherry plank and do the mango topping??????

Anyone?????

We're grilling oysters and I thought this would be perfect - but!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Cheese help needed! by Harborwitch (Jean, Allison????[br...)
I'm not an expert but if I recall camembert is even softer than brie so might melt fast.

I had a baked Cam a few years ago that just had me drooling.
  Re: Re: Cheese help needed! by DFen911 (I'm not an expert bu...)
We got some other cheese from this co. when we were in Port Angeles with Roy and Jean. But not this one. The last cam. we had was at a pot luck on the Island - it smelled and tasted like ammonia (only worse). It was so bad the guy who brought it took it down and threw it in the river.
  Re: Re: Cheese help needed! by Harborwitch (We got some other ch...)
I hope you at least tasted it - that last experience was definitely bad cheese, not what the Cirrus usually is!

sorry I didn't see this last night - what did you end up doing? That is one of Mt. Townsend cheeses we love! What a shame.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cheese help needed! by cjs (I hope you at least ...)
It was another camembert that got thrown in the river. Did we try the Cirrus while we were there?

I think we'll go ahead and grill it tonight if you think it'll work. I just have mango - no raspberries at the market, but it's a cherry would plank.

We also go a small piece of the truffle cheese. I think the cheesemonger was a little miffed - we didn't buy a single Cowgirl cheese! Oh well - we can get it in the store here.
  Re: Re: Cheese help needed! by Harborwitch (It was another camem...)
I would love that, Sharon - hope you guys will also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com