New TV series
  Re: (...)
Just saw an ad for this - have any of you heard about the new TV series starting on NBC in a couple of weeks? It's called America's Next Great Restaurant. It sounds as though it COULD be interesting, but it IS on NBC and it looks like the host is going to be Bobby Flay, so I shan't be holding my breath.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: New TV series by labradors (Just saw an ad for t...)
I've seen the promos, but don't know when it starts - of course, we'll give it a try. Never pass up a food related anything.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New TV series by cjs (I've seen the promos...)
I want to say it starts March 6th but not sure. We'll be watching.

We just saw the final "Worst Cooks in America" last night. Our favorite won!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New TV series by Harborwitch (I want to say it sta...)
Haven't watched it yet - taped it, so will watch tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New TV series by cjs (Haven't watched it y...)
I've Seen the previews. Could be good. Another reality show. It start Sunday Marth 6th at 8pm. Same day as Chopped All Stars - probably same time too.

" After a nationwide search, the top 21 competitors will present their restaurant concepts to the investors and 11 will be quickly eliminated - leaving the top 10 competitors to battle it out over the course of the season. The investors will determine which competitor's concept has the greatest potential for success, and those who do not rise to the challenge will be sent home.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: New TV series by esgunn (I've Seen the previe...)
One good thing about the recording whatever we have is that I can click on a clock icon and see when a show will be repeated and tape that. The option is always good on Food network, so tape those shows at the damndest times.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New TV series by esgunn (I've Seen the previe...)
Quote:

those who do not rise to the challenge will be sent home.

That would sound more like Gordon Ramsay than Bobby Flay. LOL!

BTW, the Spanish-language channel that has old shows of Jamie Oliver, Nigella, et al, just started showing the three-parter, Gordon's Great Escape, where Gordon Ramsay visits India and discovers the huge differences between the authentic Indian dishes and the stuff made by westerners. He's still as foul-mouthed as always, but not as arrogant as he would seem from Kitchen Nightmares - in fact, quite the opposite as he eats ant eggs (which, later, are used in a chutney) and allows himself to be dragged through the mud by a cow.
  Re: Re: New TV series by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, that sounds....interesting, Labs.

I haven't heard about the new show. We never watch NBC, so I guess I missed it. I'll have to check it out. Like Jean said, I never pass up a food related show...at least will give it a chance.

I SOOOOO wish we could record shows.....someday. Luckily, the FN shows are shown several times after the first airing, so I don't totally miss out. But it's often hard to make the choice. Last night I opted to watch Worst Chef and Iron Chef. I REALLY wish they hadn't moved CSI: Miami to Sunday at 10...OIY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New TV series by Gourmet_Mom (Well, that sounds......)
America's Next Great Restaurant starts tonight! Hope it's good.
  Re: Re: New TV series by labradors ([i]America's Next Gr...)
We're crossing our fingers!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!