T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

I found a recipe in a Rib book that sounded interesting - the rub is made up of 4 different peppercorns(I only had 3) toasted, ground up, and mixed with honey mustard. Marinate overnight then it has a Balsamic Mop. sounds good.

Also, still playing with fries - tonight will be Russets and sweet potato tossed with Pesto after cooking and sprinkled with Pecorino Romano. Lots of flavor goin' on.... (The flavors combined lately have been really wierd and interesting)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean thanks for the invitation - those ribs sound really good The weather is so bad I don't think we'll make it. LOL

What color peppercorn could you possibly be missing???? I've got a blend that I love: pink, green, white, black, & allspice! It's so good on pork and chicken, especially!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have a container of Lake Erie perch that I pulled out of the freezer, so it will be that, some coleslaw, and some homemade pierogis if I can get out of my driveway later this afternoon and go to the Ukrainian church and pick some up. We got a whopping storm here overnight and this a.m.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by Mare749 (I have a container o...)
We'll have leftover pot roast from last night for our dinner.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by HomeCulinarian (We'll have leftover ...)
I've got some leftover rotissiere chicken to use and I'm leaning towards this
enchilada casserole.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0000110456
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by Trixxee (I've got some leftov...)
NOTE TO JEAN: DO NOT GO TO TRIXXEE'S LINK....DO NOT GO.....

Sharon, I need to pick up another container of the multicolor - I haven't had any for the longest time. thanks for the reminder - it's on the list. By the way, the ribs are in the oven with the peppercorn/mustard paste for an hour and it smells wonderful in here!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by cjs (NOTE TO JEAN: DO NO...)
LOL! Well, I wouldn't mind having any of the dinners listed here. Everything sounds so good!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by Trixxee (LOL! Well, I wouldn...)
Valentine's Day dinner do-over at my favorite restaurant that just reopened after 2 years. Yay!!

Oysters, here I come!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by BarbaraS (Valentine's Day dinn...)
Well, since it's just me and Cricket...I've got half of THE BEST Italian sub leftover from Birthday lunch with Mom at one of my favorite restaurants and some ribs and corn on the cob from last night, so we're set. Now TOMORROW will be a totally different story!

BTW, I totally SCORED with my visit with Mom. (I started to post this in a separate thread but decided to put it here.) We got lots of family business taken care of, a nice leisurely lunch, and shopping. Since my check won't go in until tonight, I had asked her if she'd fund my grocery shopping and just let William write her a check. That way I could get some items I couldn't get around here. I got some fontina and sharp provolone cheese, marscapone cheese, lady fingers, chipotile AND adobo chili powder, polenta, and a bunch of other stuff. At the first stop, I made my way to the electronic department to get my external hard drive. I picked up the 500 GB. Mom said, "Just go on and get the 1.5 TB like the one I got. I'm buying today." I almost fell out! This is AFTER tickets to A Taste of Southport (another special day with Mom next weekend), the Le Crueset Stock pot, some pretty cups and bowls that match a set I inherited from MIL, a beautiful colorful scarf from a marketplace in Guatemala, and some locally grown Antigua coffee beans! We even got to have a nice visit together with William at his office. It was a GREAT belated BIRTHDAY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, since it's jus...)
So glad you had a great day Daphne! You Deserve it!

Waiting to see if Steve will make it home tonight. Beef Enchiladas are on for tonight. When we get home I need to finish Steph's hair for her meet tomorrow. So glad I don't have to "Do" the boys hair!!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.