What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone?

We're going to a home show, if the roads aren't too icy. It's local, so shouldn't be a problem. One of the booths will be a neighbor of ours (the one of the wood fired oven and wonderful pizzas ) who is a home designer. She is offering a drawing for a room makeover - you bring a picture in of the room and put it in a drawing box. I'm taking a picture of my front courtyard.

We so fell in love with the Southwest that I'd love to do something like that this year. I hope it's o.k. to stuff the ballot box.

Then we'll go down to port and have some clam strips and a foofoo drink and ruin our dinners.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
"clam strips" And I'm guessing they're not like the clam strips here....mostly breading....WHINE.

What a cool marketing idea to offer a free makeover! I hope you win!

I've got to hurry up and get busy! Today is going to be Birthday Review Day!!!! We're going to start with Oysters Rockefeller with Tabasco Beurre Blanc. That will be followed by Pizza Nachos. The "piece de resistance" will be a Spinach Mushroom Truffle Pizza! And the finale will be a Tiramisu Triffle served with Kahlua Coffee made with freshly ground, locally grown Guatemalan coffee! (I'm having a cup of the coffee for breakfast...not spiked....and it's super yummy!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by Gourmet_Mom ("clam strips" And I...)
Picture, Daphne!!!! Have fun.

(yes, ours are lightly breaded, too - that's why they are such a treat. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by cjs (Picture, Daphne!!!! ...)
Crisp Skin High Roast Butterflied Chicken over Potatoes.

And I've got Black Truffle Oil butter to place under the skin of the chickie.

Oh yeah.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by BarbaraS (Crisp Skin High Roas...)
Barbara, this was sooooo good! What that butter and chicken drippings did to those potatoes was AWESOME!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, this was so...)
Hope whole chicken goes on sale soon!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by cjs (Hope whole chicken g...)
Jean,

I go to Wegman's and get the Empire brand chicken. It's kosher and I don't brine it beforehand. A bit more expensive than regular, but worth the special treat!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by cjs (Hope whole chicken g...)
I got a good deal on red, yellow, and green peppers at the market, so I made stuffed peppers to have tonight, unless we go out instead.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by Mare749 (I got a good deal on...)
The rain is gone, I think, so grilled salmon, Jaques Pepin potatoes and a salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/26? by Trixxee (The rain is gone, I ...)
I'm making homemade chili and cornbread