Another Rib Method - Review
  Re: (...)
Made the greatest (I know I say this with every new rib recipe ) ribs yesterday, we had goop from ear to ear!!

Balsamic Vinegar, Soy, and Honey Mustard Ribs

2 sides spareribs or your favorite ribs
---
1 1/2 tsp. each: red, green, white, black peppercorns
1/2 cup Swedish mustard or honey mustard
---
Balsamic mop: (this is way too much 'mop'-next time I'll probably do 1/2 the recipe
6 T. balsamic vinegar
6 T. dry red wine
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
5 cloves garlic, minced

Remove the membrane and place in baking pan.

Toast the peppercorns in a small skillet over medium heat until they begin to pop and hop; coarsely grind or mortar and pestle them. (At this point stop inhaling as you work with the pepper, it’ll take your breath away) Combine the peppercorns with the mustard.

Rub this mixture over both sides of the ribs and marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours. (I did mine overnight)

Make the mop sauce in a small bowl and set aside. Grill, roast or smoke the ribs, brushing mop sauce over.

It was too cold outside to smoke, so I roasted my ribs in a 325° F. oven for one hour, turned over and continued for 30 minutes, covered tightly with foil. After the hour and a half, I left uncovered for another 30 minutes until there was just the slightest resistance when pierced with a knife. (we don’t like the meat falling off the bone) I let them rest till ready to serve them, then I started mopping them in a 350° F oven to warm them up (uncovered), then stuck under the broiler for a couple minutes. These darn ribs are so good!!!!!!

From “The Great Ribs Book” by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another Rib Method - Review by cjs (Made the greatest (I...)
Jean, these sound super good! William loves those flavors, so I'm sure he'll be excited to have ribs again next week. He gets tired of the same ol' ribs all the time. And even I wasn't excited about them last week when I made them with Sweet Baby Rays....which is unusual for me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another Rib Method - Review by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, these sound su...)
That's how I get, too, Daphne
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com