Computer problems resolved----almost
  Re: (...)
I reported in a previous post that I was having computer problems. Turns out it was the hard drive, so with the advice I got from Rob and some help from a relative, I'm now up and running. Thank you, Rob!

There is just one more thing I wish I could fix. Daphne mentioned in another post about the web import bar for MasterCook. I just love that little feature and am now able to use it once again, after re-installing MC. However, for some reason I only have that feature with Internet Explorer and I prefer to use Mozilla.

Anyone else having this problem? Labs, any ideas?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by Mare749 (I reported in a prev...)
Maryann, I had the same problem. I solved it with the "Patch Import Web Bar" from the site I posted for Jean. It works a little different, but it DOES work. Let me know if I can help once you get it running...or if you have trouble loading. I think I've solved that dilemma for Jean.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I had the s...)
not yet, check the p.m.s
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by cjs (not yet, check the p...)
Daphne, I think I may have answered my own question. Mozilla has it's own recipe import feature that will import into MC, Living Cookbook, etc. I forgot about that add-on.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by Mare749 (Daphne, I think I ma...)
Jean, you're going to kill me....I just remembered something. When I tried to make the MC thing work, it told me to turn off my security settings, which I didn't want to do. That was when I noticed the tool bar with the recipe grabber stuff on it. I figured I must have already done it. A minute ago, I went to get help with something using that tool and realized....IT'S the RECIPEFOX toolbar I loaded months ago a promptly forgot about it! OIY!!!!

I am seriously missing my brain today!

I was able to figure something out. I was playing around with this and couldn't get the Grab It tool to work. So went to get help. (This is when I realized it was RecipeFox and not MC.) That's when I found out that only certain sites will allow the Grab It feature to work. I went to Food Network, and the feature turned green. I just pulled up a recipe Ina just made and there it was. Click! The WHOLE thing, including ALL the Author, Source, etc info went onto the list! YIPPPEEE! This is very cool! I sure wish C@H had a format that allowed this. Wouldn't that be cool!?!?!? Although, I'd never get anything done. Break's over....back to the kitchen.
Daphne
  Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by Mare749 (I reported in a prev...)
Quote:

However, for some reason I only have that feature with Internet Explorer and I prefer to use Mozilla.

Anyone else having this problem? Labs, any ideas?

Try looking in the "options," "settings," "preferences," "configuration," or whatever it happens to be called for MasterCook. They probably have a way to enable or disable it there, in case someone forgets to enable it during the initial installation or in case someone installs Firefox after MasterCook and needs to activate that feature - if they do have it available for Firefox, that is.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
O.K. these are not going to be yellow light signals that I haven't read these posts yet, but we went out for lunch (2 glasses of wine), then stopped at Harbingers winery, for, who knows. I'll look here again tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Computer problems resolved----almost by cjs (O.K. these are not g...)
Well, DUH! Labs you're a genius! Jean, you're going to have to learn how to use RecipeFox. It's not hard and is VERY much like MC.

It says VERY CLEARLY in RED LETTERS in the Help feature:

" The Web Import Bar integrates with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later. "
Daphne