What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on the agenda for dinner?

I think I'd better get going on Daphne's b'day goodies or I'm going to be late again.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by cjs (What's on the agenda...)
I'm not sure - I have lots of leftovers from last night - hmmmm maybe a pizza. Depends on how cold it gets this afternoon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure - I hav...)
Well, I'm having Truffle Pizza and Birthday dinner leftovers for lunch and REALLY looking forward to it. Dinner is Chicken with Plum Sauce and Yangchow Fried Rice. I've got high hopes for that, but it sure does have a lot to live up to...LOL! It's a gorgeous day, so I'll probably grill the chicken. It's a shame I'm going to be stuck inside all day doing grades. Progress reports go home tomorrow.

A note about the Truffle Pizza. Last night it was all about the truffle flavors, but today, I noticed something about the dough. That dough is so light and delicate. It retained most of its crispiness and flavor on reheating. It has to be the truffle oil and salt in the recipe, because that's the biggest difference in this one and the Herb Dough. I sure am glad I've got another piece to play with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I'm having Tru...)
Interesting that you found this crust lighter....

While you're having truffle pizza, we had a grilled cheese sandwich for brunch.....(American cheese, bacon and red onion), but it was tasty!!

Pizza Nachos later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by cjs (Interesting that you...)
I have a meeting at church so Hubby volunteered to cook tonight and have it ready when I get home. He made some Bayless salsas and is using the Mellow red to make a recipe for cornish game hens. Also roasts with sweet potatoes and onion. Should be good.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by HomeCulinarian (I have a meeting at ...)
Leftovers from the fridge. I am kind of enjoying this 'clean out the pantry, fridge, freezer' thing. I am even starting to see some bare spots!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by luvnit (Leftovers from the f...)
Isn't it just amazing what you find, Laura? I did the same thing recently and it felt food to cycle out some things that I forgot we had.

Dinner tonight will be at Holly's. We're all going to Katie's basketball game, then it's hamburger night. They have some ritual with this that includes putting out all kinds of add-ins or toppings and everybody gets to make their own hamburger creation.

I'm taking roasted fresh vegetables and a pineapple upside-down cake.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by Mare749 (Isn't it just amazin...)
Spaghetti and meatballs here.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by Trixxee (Spaghetti and meatba...)
Tortellinis with sauce and just-made meatballs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 2/27?? by BarbaraS (Tortellinis with sau...)
Chicken Pot Pie. It's on the cover of Southern Living. Have never used a recipe but this time I did. It's in the oven now, Looks good.

(PS) I didn't have any puff pastry so I finally tried the 10 minute Puff Pastry recipe. It doesn't get much easier. Looks like it's puffing nicely. Hope it works out because I've made regular puff pastry and even as good as it was. it wasn't worth the time investment.
Shannon