Vicci - great food in Pittsburgh!
  Re: (...)
This NYT article about Farm-to-Table Fare was really interesting! Do you frequent any of the places mentioned?
  Re: Vicci - great food in Pittsburgh! by HomeCulinarian (This [url=http://tra...)
I'm still amazed that this area supports a number of these restaurants!

Laura, we just don't go out to eat much unless we are on vacation. Maybe dinner 2-3 times a year, lunch more often but not by much.

I was at Legume 2+ years ago and enjoyed it (cannot for the life of me remember what I had!), but the next time I was to meet a friend there it was super-packed so we went to a Thai restaurant next door. To be honest, I loved their food so much that when I am in the area I just have to go to the Thai place!

Once Salt of the Earth clears out a bit, I'm going to meet a friend there for a special night-out.

DH had a meeting at Elements last month and thought the food was incredible (which is saying a lot, he's very particular). The chef there is up for F&W's Best New Chef of the Year award.

Thanks for making me aware of the article, I'm sending it to a few local friends.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Vicci - great food in Pittsburgh! by foodfiend (I'm still amazed tha...)
Laura?? Not me right?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Vicci - great food in Pittsburgh! by luvnit (Laura?? Not me right...)
Quote:

Laura?? Not me right?

Oops!

I meant Jeannette!

I guess that Laura was stuck in my brain since I was also reading her post about the new issue...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Vicci - great food in Pittsburgh! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I am really enjoying all the new restaurants spring up in my area (Indianapolis). The farm to table cuisine is starting to become popular again, finally. We have a wonderful local market and restaurant called The Goose Market. They offer fresh meat and vegetables that are all grown local. I actually joined their bacon of the month club and get a different kind of smoked bacon every month. It is a refreshing kind of cuisine when it seems like every other kind of restaurant is getting their food shipped in frozen.