What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu today?

I'm working on a poblano stuffed with butternut squash with a take off of the walnut sauce we all liked so well. Fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I've got two choices - German Salisbury Steak from the new C@H Quick & Easy Menus sounds awfully good. Or . . . shrimp stuffed Poblanos with a cilantro cream sauce. I'd love to do pizza but my stupid oven won't bake a pizza and it's too nasty to grill.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by Harborwitch (I've got two choices...)
Dough is rising ever so nicely for the experiment of the oven fried pizza.
Will report my findings and this time save them
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by farnfam (Dough is rising ever...)
I have a nice pork roast slowly cooking in the oven. Will have mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, frozen baby peas, and applesauce for sides. Also have some homemade rolls rising. I wanted to make a nice dinner for my dad, who is leaving for Florida in the morning. Sure wish I was going with him this time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by farnfam (Dough is rising ever...)
I am making potato and turkey tacos. There will be served in a corn tortilla. I am also making a delicious salsa verde to go with them. I am using tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapenos and putting them in a blender for the salsa verde. I also just picked up some creme fraisch from the mexican grocery store, I am excited.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by phildun (I am making potato a...)
Tonight will be shrimp tacos with a cilatro slaw and leftover chimichurri rice (a frozen rice mix from Trader Joe's).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by Trixxee (Tonight will be shri...)
And welcome phil!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by Trixxee (And welcome phil! [...)
Well I'm having FRIED CATFISH!!!!! We'll have tator tots and slaw on the side. I should make some cornbread, but I got some bad news at school today, and I just don't have the heart for it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by phildun (I am making potato a...)
Welcome Phil!

We're going with the German Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, and a salad. Not sure what kind of dressing I'm going to make yet.

Everything sounds so good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/2? by Gourmet_Mom (Well I'm having FRIE...)
Oh, Daph, that sounds so yummmy yummy, I love tater tots! And I can only dream about fried catfish
Cis
Empress for Life