What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu tonight?

We're having Roasted B.nut Squash Penne al Burro!! I'll bet I haven't made this in 3 years. Need pictures.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
OH MY! MY FAVORITE! Gotta make that next week!

This week has been a nightmare. On top of everything else, I've got to score 87 writing tests online tonight. Central office will be checking to see that they're done. So I fell back on my old standby...Chicken Piccatta. I need to find a "new" old standby. I had really meant to pick up a roast for the crockpot yesterday, but after having a REALLY bad day, I totally forgot about it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by Gourmet_Mom (OH MY! MY FAVORITE!...)
Hey Daphne, what about Jammed Up Pork Chops?? Fast and easy with a baked potato??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by cjs (Hey Daphne, what abo...)
Winter pork stew... wish I had made it before tonight.... it's still simmering.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by HomeCulinarian (Winter pork stew... ...)
Lean Cuisine and martinis. Oh well -
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by Harborwitch (Lean Cuisine and mar...)
Jeannette, that stew is sooo good! It will be worth the wait.

Bad Sharon...Bad!

Jean, I'll check it out in "the book". It's funny, I RARELY make pork chops. I don't know why? Yes, I do....the only way I have ever had them is fried with gravy and rice. They were usually very dried out. So I guess it makes sense...in a way.

Edited to add: Hey, wait...pork chops with the al Burro next week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 3/3? by Gourmet_Mom (Jeannette, that stew...)
Quote:

Jeannette, that stew is sooo good! It will be worth the wait

You are so right! Could have sped up the process by prepping the root vegetables while the meat simmered the first 30 minutes... oh, well.