Now what the #ell have we done???
  Re: (...)
PANIC!!!

We pulled down our first work camping job! We'll be heading out of here around the 23rd - for Warden, Washington. We'll be at Sage Hills Golf Club and RV Resort hopefully through September.

It sounds like a really fun gig - doing all kinds of things for about 12 hours work per week each, plus there may be paid hours too.

We were almost set to head for South Dakota next month - but this is closer, and I think we'll try to save that one for next year????

The really nice thing is that we'll be closer to my family and Jean & Roy (warning warning warning ) I don't know if I'm excited or panic stricken!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by Harborwitch (PANIC!!![br][br]We p...)
What's the panic for?! It sounds right up your alley and you may get some time to do some socializing with family and a certain CAH friend and her hubby... sounds like a nice summer to me.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by foodfiend (What's the panic for...)
I think it's so much to do, so little time. People to see, things to take care of, babies to hug, oh my.
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by Harborwitch (I think it's so much...)
I think it's awesome, Sharon! Best best wishes to you and Bob and all the little puggys. How fun!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by farnfam (I think it's awesome...)
Wait...I'm confused. What does this mean? "We pulled down our first work camping job!"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by Gourmet_Mom (Wait...I'm confused....)
This is a job where we get our RV site for 12 hours of work at the resort for each of us per week. There are also jobs that we can do and get paid for.

Of course at this spot there's a swimming pool, golf course, and all kinds of perks.

Right now we pay for our site, and . . . we're getting tired of TV. It seems that not much else is happening around here job wise and SS just isn't enough. Well, not if we want to continue to eat and drink and usual.
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by Harborwitch (This is a job where ...)

Sharon - This I think will be fun - But it gets hot over there.
Hope we can meet you all this time around.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by mjkcooking ([br]Sharon - This ...)
Oh that will be so great! Avg temp in summer in that area is 83. I can live with that easily. Lets cross our fingers!
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by Harborwitch (Oh that will be so g...)
I've never even heard of Warden, WA - off to get the atlas. Conratulations Sharon & Bob. Folks we've talked to who do this just love the life and you guys will certainly fit right in.

How many wineries are in the area??????

Just checked - over by Moses Lake - it does get hot there, Sharon. Surpised to hear 83 is the average. Lots of wineries and we do go thru there often on our way to Yakima, Walla Walla, and point east in WA.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Now what the #ell have we done??? by cjs (I've never even hear...)
Congratulations, Sharon and Bob! Hope you have a very fun summer in your new home. I know you will meet a lot of nice people. Another new adventure!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."