What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for this weekend?

I've got lots of thises and thats in the fridge, so my thinking is going in a lot of directions. Think I'll make up a corn chowder out of the leftover Maque Choux that I made for testing. The batch I made for the winery last night was all gone. People liked the salad very much and it went very well with the other Cajun dishes.

Maybe the chowder and split a grilled cashew cheese sandwich...sounds doable.

Sunday, I'm going to have to think on this one, Roy mentioned he's ready for another new pizza, so maybe...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well we are still in the cleaning out phase. I have a roast thawed out. I may do that today or tomorrow. Not sure which. We may just have leftover soup tonight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by luvnit (Well we are still in...)
I haven't a clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't a clue....)
I have all the stuff for the Buffalo Chicken Risotto, I have the stuff for the Roasted Radish & Potato Salad, maybe grilled chicken with that. But not sure if we want chicken with that. I've also got some shrimp in the fridge and lots of Romaine and lemons for that Romaine Salad with lemon cream dressing.

Decisions decisions decisions.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by Harborwitch (I have all the stuff...)
Slow cooker Pot Roast with smashie potatoes tonight, and raviolis with meatballs tomorrow night.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by BarbaraS (Slow cooker Pot Roas...)
I don't know what I'll come up with tomorrow, but I finally decided what to have today. When I was growing up, we had a Sunday lunch once a month that was a particular favorite. Mom would get up early and put everything in the oven before we left for church, and we'd come home to a wonderful homey dinner. But it has been a long time since I had it, since Mom lost the recipe that is the key to the meal. I recently found one of William's grandmother's cookbooks, and I think I've found it. Mom didn't like most brands of bbq sauce, preferring this tomato-y recipe instead. So we're having baked bbq chicken, bacon baked beans, and baked potatoes...old style (regular potatoes oiled and wrapped in foil).
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know what I'...)
We're having Thursday night's dinner tonight; the shrimp stuffed poblano peppers and the rice, black bean, and pea salad. Might throw a green salad on the plate too.

I don't know what the protein will be tomorrow but we're having the roasted potato and radish potato salad tomorrow night. Not crazy about the radish greens so will use romaine
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by Harborwitch (We're having Thursda...)
Well, I had a hiccup in my plans. Luckily, William had hamburgers left over from lunch at the farm. OIY! I'll experiment with the BBQ chicken next week. Oddly enough, I talked to Mom about it, and she told me something I didn't know about it. The recipe I found is probably not it, but I found another one that may be closer. The surprise was the preparation of the chicken. She FRIED it before putting it in a casserole dish and covering it with the sauce! I'm even more excited about trying this now. I'm going to fry the chicken and split it between two dishes and try both sauces.

I totally forgot about my plans for tomorrow. I'm meeting Mom for a day in Southport at the Taste of Southport. Then we'll go to church where they are doing a presentation of their trip to Guatemala. After all the sampling at the cooking demo, I'll probably just skip dinner.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I had a hiccup...)
Sounds like a fun day, Daphne. Talking about radish greens, I used to grow radish sprouts and I just loved them. I wonder if I still have the screens and 'stuff.'

So, Sunday is here and I have no idea, Roy's craving more pasta, we'll see....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday AND Sunday, 3/5 & 3/6? by cjs (Sounds like a fun da...)
I love radish sprouts. I have a screen, now to source the seeds since they now recommend that you use only organic grown for sprouting seeds. I'd love some radish sprouts on a sammie.

Tonight's dinner? I think I'd love some smothered pork chops and that potato radish thing with a green salad. Have to see if we want to venture in to the store. It's pouring - again. Should be eating out of the freezer.