New game - Foodie Fight
  Re: (...)
Just thought I would let you all know about a new game out. Perhaps some of you have heard about it.

[Image: 570739.jpg]

Here is the amazon link: Foodie Fight Game

The reviews are really good. It's on my list. I hope I get to play this with everyone here someday!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New game - Foodie Fight by luvnit (Just thought I would...)
Cool game! And did you see the two wine games listed? Wine Wars and Cork Jester Wine Teasers (?)....sound fun also! I like the idea of having fun and learning some new trivia at the same time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by Gourmet_Mom (Cool game! And did ...)
Oh how fun that looks - bring yours to Linda's old C@Her's home with you, Laura!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by cjs (Oh how fun that look...)
When Chels was in school and out west, I used to send her all those fun games. I am pretty sure that was one of them. But it used to bum me out that I couldn't look at the cards before I sent them.

She said she used to take them to the Awahnee kitchen with her and while everyone was doing all that mindless prepping, they would quiz each other on the food trivia. Got all the chefs involved, said it was a lot of fun plus it was kind of review of sorts for some of them that were taking their CCC and CEC exams.
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by iBcookin (When Chels was in sc...)
What a great idea, Linda. If I were still involved with ACF's apprenticeship program, I'd sure recommend that idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by cjs (What a great idea, L...)
I was finally able to procure this game! I found it at the local Goodwill for $1.99 and it was 50% off day to boot! I have been having a wonderful time reading questions. Yes, many of them are difficult. But I love food trivia and food history and the game would not be much fun if I knew all the answers.

My other great buy today was a Popcorn Machine. I have been looking for one for over a year and just didn't want to spend $100 or more on one. I got one today for $24.99. Brand new in the box even. I looked at amazon and it originally retailed for $190. On sale now for $78.99. There were a few negative reviews. Mainly about the space it takes up on the counter. I don't have that problem... yet!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by luvnit (I was finally able t...)
What a cool thing to have when you have kids! Your very own popcorn machine!!!! That is the ONLY good thing about having to work concessions at the ball games during the year! I get ALL the freshly popped popcorn I can eat! I usually come home feeling yucky and greasy.....but it's worth it....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by Gourmet_Mom (What a cool thing to...)
What a hoot to have that with kids!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by cjs (What a hoot to have ...)
Fun stuff! Another fun thing to have with kids around is a hot dog machine. A friend of mine has one and it is brought out on many occasions throughout the year - including our annual Halloween night dinner with chili.
  Re: Re: New game - Foodie Fight by Trixxee (Fun stuff! Another ...)
You know I never thought to check the big thrift stores for stuff like that, great idea

I had to rent a popcorn machine for a party I did last year for a bunch of 10 year olds. It was fun and the kids loved it!