Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having tonight??

I'm playing with Sausage Patties - 3 ways...probably overeat today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Not sure yet. We have leftovers to use from the weekend, but I really want to make Karyn's Greek Salad recipe....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. We ha...)
I think we're doing the buffalo chicken risotto. I'm going to marinate my chicken and maybe grill it rather than just roasting or poaching.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
I am so excited for tonight's dinner! We have been eating pretty boring lately and have had a LOT of leftovers. But tonight our nice neighbor is coming over to help my hubby get our television off the wall. Then he also has to come back Wednesday after it has been fixed and put back up.

So....

Of course I offered to make him dinner. He very sweet, such a great guy and always helps. He is always so appreciative of a home-cooked meal, it is always a joy to cook for him. So of course I went to the store. I only spent $12 though in order to make a complete meal with a wonderful dessert.

We are having: Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, with biscuits, a fresh green Asian salad and...

Banana Cream Pie!

I know somebody here mentioned Banana Creme pie the other day and it has been torture! I have had it on my mind ever since.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by luvnit (I am so excited for ...)
OOOOOOooooo banana cream pie!

I was out of town for the weekend and didn't get my menu planning or shopping done for the week. We'll be eating out of the freezer and pantry. For tonight I'll put out salmon fillets and then figure out what to do with them later.
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (OOOOOOooooo banana c...)
I've got four weeks until we go on vacation and I still haven't lost one stinking pound. Going to try to eat and drink light for the next month (yeah, right!). I think I'm going to serve a romaine salad topped with grilled shrimp.
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (I've got four weeks ...)
You all will be glad when you hit my age and you don't diet for vacations anymore. I just wish I had gotten to Hawaii when I was still wearing bikinis - my only regret! (I would have dieted then, that's for sure. )

Laura, what more could a single want than a dinner exactly as you have planned. Have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (You all will be glad...)
Laura that dinner sounds perfect!

That salad sounds good too.

I was so nervous when I went to the doc. last week - I was certain I'd gained 5 or 6 lbs. Not an ounce!!! Whooooooeeeee!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by Harborwitch (Laura that dinner so...)
I have to diet before so my clothes will fit me on the way home! Too many mai tais are always consumed and not enough ahi poke consumed (though I will try harder this time to eat some each day).
  Re: Re: Monday, 3/7 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (I have to diet befor...)
I know you're looking forward to your trip, Trixxee!

Congrats, Sharon!

Laura, I must agree, what a perfect menu.

I'm finally going to do the BBQ Chicken experiment. I'm trying to recreate a Sunday dinner from childhood. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.