Which Shall We Choose????
  Re: (...)
Just a short litany (sp?) of choices for a dessert -

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/1...n-kill-you/?cid

I'm so boring - just give me a slice of pumpkin pie (sans the whipped cream) and I'm in pig heaven!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by cjs (Just a short litany ...)
Just doesn't do it for me. A piece of dark dark chocolate is perfect.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by Harborwitch (Just doesn't do it f...)
I'm with Sharon on this one. Had to break my sweet tooth habit again, and now that I have, don't seem to be craving sweets much at all. Only had 1/2 of a Paczki last night!

A good piece of dark chocolate and an espresso works for me. Does anyone know of a wine that goes with dark chocolate?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by Mare749 (I'm with Sharon on t...)
Quote:

I'm with Sharon on this one. Had to break my sweet tooth habit again, and now that I have, don't seem to be craving sweets much at all. Only had 1/2 of a Paczki last night!

A good piece of dark chocolate and an espresso works for me. Does anyone know of a wine that goes with dark chocolate?

I'm in the dark chocolate camp as well. Here's an interesting article about chocolate and wine pairings, complete with a chart! I may be giving this a try soon. I think it'd be a fun tasting party.
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, I think so too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I choose a banana spring roll from P. F. Changs. Wish they had a picutre. I am intrigued.

Really I am just a dark chocolate truffle girl.

If I am being extravagant - any kind of fruit pie - no whipped cream no a la mode.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
New York cheese cake is my pick... yummmm!
Margarita
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by Margarita (New York cheese cake...)
I love cheesecake every now and then, but we don't do dessert here much. When I do have something sweet, dark chocolate is usually involved.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by Gourmet_Mom (I love cheesecake ev...)
I think fortified wines go best with dark chocolates. Banyuls - oh my, wonderful.

Off to look at the chart.
I really agree with this chart. Interesting site, going back to look it over. Thanks for posting it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Which Shall We Choose???? by cjs (I think fortified wi...)
In a recent wine and chocolate pairing at the winery I work, the most popular pairing was a key lime truffle covered in dark chocolate with a semi sweet white. It really tasted like a marguerita in your mouth.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!