Very OT job changes again
  Re: (...)
I haven't been around here much lately, I am reading just not posting much. At times I wish I could be living YOUR lives!

Like most universities, we're facing severe budget cuts. Two weeks ago I was moved back to ADB (All Day Breakfast), in the dining hall. The assistant manager would be taking over my responsibilities. So, I'm almost 2 weeks back into my old job when I was informed I would be going back to catering after spring break. The ultimate goal is to manage the faculty dining club, in the works, but who knows if it will happen with the budget cuts? So far, I'm on the short list. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have not been reclassified, I'm still a supervisor, that's a good thing.

Just trying to wrap my brain around all these moves, tell me which shirt to put on tomorrow

PJ
  Re: Very OT job changes again by pjcooks (I haven't been aroun...)
My fingers are crossed for you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I'm so sorry, PJ. There are so many people in similar positions. I know this is not the ideal situation, and hopefully, the catering gig will come through. Hang in there. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Very OT job changes again by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so sorry, PJ. T...)
You have had a lot of changes in the past few years! I'm sorry you have to go through this again, PJ. I hope it all works out for the best for you. And, I also hope you will be stopping in more often. Miss you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Very OT job changes again by Mare749 (You have had a lot o...)
Oh my PJ what a whirlwind. I certainly hope the catering job becomes a reality, but more grateful you have a job
  Re: Re: Very OT job changes again by DFen911 (Oh my PJ what a whir...)
Everyone else said it so well - what more to say. You sure are missed around here. Hang in there!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Very OT job changes again by DFen911 (Oh my PJ what a whir...)
PJ - we have similar problems here. That you get moved around is actually a good thing for you. Here that means you are a valued employee and probably have seniority. Hang in there... your job security is that the students must be fed!
Oh how stressful for you. This economy is just kicking everyone's @$$. I can't wait until we all stop getting our lives turned upside down. Best wishes to you. Try to stay sane!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura