Stay safe, West Coast friends!
  Re: (...)
Listening to the news about the Tsunami affecting the West Coast. Hope and pray you are not in harms way!
  Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by HomeCulinarian (Listening to the new...)
We got some higher tides and larger waves on the coast at the mouth of the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Nothing would come in the Straits this far - so, we're o.k.

The devastation in Japan is just unbelievable.

Stay safe all who are getting higher waters than we.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by HomeCulinarian (Listening to the new...)
This is so frightening. Do we have anyone who lives directly on the coast that could be affected by this?
Stay safe, everyone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by Mare749 (This is so frighteni...)
No one in Washington... I spoke too soon, evidently we will be getting some action between now and 10 a.m. (it's now 9 a.m.) We're 50 miles up the Straits, so shouldn't be bad, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by cjs (No one in Washingto...)
I think the closest one would be Trixxie. I'm way far inland. They did close Malibu Beach and up north in Crescent City many boats where damaged.

I got sick to my stomach when I heard about that entire train being whisked away in Japan. Right now reports are over 88,000 missing
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by DFen911 (I think the closest ...)
They banged on our door at 4am - warning us about the Tsunami. Since we're on a tidal river and are below the river level there's a possibility that we might have to pull out of here.

We've got the coach about ready to pull out, and we're debating on what to do. Lots of folks have pulled out of the RV park already. (Cracking up - the guy who does the mowing is out mowing the sites people vacated!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by Harborwitch (They banged on our d...)
"the guy who does the mowing is out mowing the sites people vacated!" - gives new meaning to making hay while the sun shines, eh?????

And in addition to that entire train, some kind of a cruise ***** is also missing, not a huge one, but....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by Harborwitch (They banged on our d...)
That's funny Sharon. At least you see some levity in the situation. Take care everyone on the coast.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by luvnit (That's funny Sharon....)
I guess all our tornado drills in ND weren't in vain. By 6am I had almost everything in the coach stowed, dishes, done, and pretty much ready.

Crescent city has lost 30+ boats and they are reporting one person was washed out to sea. Not all the details are clear. Santa Cruz harbor is being mangled. Bob is up checking on our boat now.

Poor guy - some way to spend your birthday!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Stay safe, West Coast friends! by Harborwitch (I guess all our torn...)
Yeah, that dumb sh*t was trying to take pictures in Crescent City and was swept away. Everytime, someone has to pull a dumb stunt like that!!
www.achefsjourney.com