Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY
  Re: (...)
Today was an "on the road" day. I had to go for a mammy today, and we decided to check out the olive oil place across the street afterward. OMG!!! There were some oils and vinegars there that blew our socks off - and we didn't even get to try them all. Olive oil! We are so going back for some oil and vinegar Friday. (Does Chocolate Balsamic grab anyone else????)

After that we had to refill prescriptions so went to the other side of our world. Well, while we were there, just had to go try local beer and a brew pub, Lodi Beer. They've been there for six years - and we didn't know!!!

We each had a 7 beer sampler. I haven't enjoyed beer so much in a long long time. Oh my what a treat - they had some very unique beers - I do NOT like hefeweizen, but today I had the second one that I like, Umma Hefeweizen! (Blue Moon rocks). This one had banana and clove notes - kind of interesting, but the clove got me (think dentist office)but with food it was amazing. Then a Tart Cherry Wheat Beer that was addictive. We split an appetizer sampler plate, stuffed ourselves on really good food. My first deep fried mac & cheese (great with the Hefeweizen!)

I am stuffed, happy, and ready for bed!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by Harborwitch (Today was an "on the...)
Other than the mammy, sounds like the perfect day! The mac and cheese sounds decadent, and the beer amazing.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by chef_Tab (Other than the mammy...)
I know I'm repeating myself here, but I really would like to know more about beers. sounds like a fun day, also, Sharon.

The olive oil shop sounds like one we like to visit when we're in the Paso Robles (I think) area - long bar fillled with oil and vinegars and the tastings are wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by cjs (I know I'm repeating...)
I had the results of the mammy before bed - all clear!

Jean I am going to get ahold of my Nephews and find out where all the decent breweries in that area are. I actually made some notes yesterday. I wish we could bring a "growler" (1/2 gal jug) of each of our favorites with us. I am sure there must be good brew pubs up there - we'll have together and go beer swilling, I mean tasting!!! I forgot how much I love good beer!!!!
  Re: Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by Harborwitch (I had the results of...)
Yakima and general vicinity have great small brewries - lots! That area is great for growing hops.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by cjs (Yakima and general v...)
We saw all the hops on one of our trips through there! I just want to find out if they have favorites. Always good to get a recommendation on brew pubs.
  Re: Re: Olive oil, vinegar, beer, food!!! OH MY by Harborwitch (We saw all the hops ...)
It sounds like you had a GREAT day! I've never done a beer tasting. I may have to give that a try sometime. The olive oil place sounds really cool! I'll check it out shortly. You guys have been really chatty today...lots of posts to read!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.