Food related - just a funny silly story
  Re: (...)
Last night we were in Safeway picking up a few things. I was in the Asian section looking for Panko. Two guys were in the aisle discussing what to have for dinner. They were at the "ground meat assistant" section, one was looking at the "stroganoff" boxes - the other just walked away.

I was just getting ready to roll - no Panko - when the one guy walked over and asked what I would use if I wanted to make Beef Stroganoff. I explained the ingredients, the method, and tips. He was so excited. After he thanked me he asked if I'd ever resort to the "box". I said "NO! That's not real food" He laughed and went to go find "real" food.

He was in line behind us - and thanked us again, he had a whole bunch of "real food" and no boxes. Had to smile. It was a fun moment.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Food related - just a funny silly story by Harborwitch (Last night we were i...)
I LOVE those moments! I'm working on a coworker. She's getting better, but her kid is a middle schooler, husband travels a LOT for work, and she's used to a LOT of SOUL food....how she was raised. But she's willing to experiment.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Food related - just a funny silly story by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE those moments...)
Isn't it fun!
  Re: Re: Food related - just a funny silly story by Harborwitch (Isn't it fun! [img]/...)
YES! I love those moments when someone gets that "I can do that!" look on their face!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Food related - just a funny silly story by Gourmet_Mom (YES! I love those m...)
Gosh, I almost miss those days when I was working as a sales rep and traveling around to grocery stores! At least once a day, someone would ask my opinion or advice on something food related and I enjoyed talking with them. Also learned a lot from people who love to cook and enjoy sharing their adventures.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Food related - just a funny silly story by Mare749 (Gosh, I almost miss ...)
When we went in to taste olive oil before the mammys there was a gal who was demanding a "light" olive oil for a curry salad dressing. I was cracking up - the owner wasn't budging from his "health benefits" of olive oil and she was insistent that it had to be "light" live oil because the recipe said so. We left because we had my appointment and they were still arguing.

Finally the owner suggested their pressed safflower oil. I wanted to just reach out and . . . oh well . . .