T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone?

We're a day late, so it's St. Paddy's dinner for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Enjoy your St. Paddy's dinner, Jean. I had to skip it this year, but for a good reason .

I haven't cooked since Monday because I had to empty the kitchen on Tuesday so it could be ripped out on Wednesday. The workers are really nice and are doing a great job. They asked if they could work over the weekend, so we're spending the weekend at the lake. The temperature is pushing 80 and it's gorgeous!

We're grilling; either having fajitas or C@H's Mongolian BBQ. I haven't decided yet, but I have the ingredients for both on hand.
  Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Karyn, How much fun! Yay! A new kitchen! Yay to 80 degrees and the lake!

Leftovers I think. The refrigerator is full!

Hey, I just realized I had a dream last night about doing a remodel on the kitchen. Hmmmm....
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by esgunn (Karyn, How much fun...)
Better watch out with those dreams, Erin!

What a great time you will have with this remodel, Karyn. There will be times you'll feel like pulling your hair out, but it will be worth it in the end. Did you take before pictures? I hope so! We'd love to see some before and after pics!

Tonight is William's night at the farm, but I continue our steak night. It's effortless and brainless...just what I need on a Friday. When I stopped at the store to get my steak, my favorite butcher was there. He asked me what I was looking for, and I told him I wanted a steak. He said I'll hook you up! He came out a couple minutes later with two (not the one that I asked for) HUMONGUS thick cut fillets. He priced them at the $4.99 sale price for whole fillets last week for a total of $5.49 for the two steaks! AWESOME!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Better watch out wit...)
I am soooo jealous of Karyn, for the kitchen and the weekend at the lake.

Daphne, you scored big time! I have a few filets in the freezer and keep thinking about kebobs.

I picked up some chicken legs on the way home and plan to grill them with bbq sauce. We had a gorgeous sunny day and it is around 65 degrees, so I HAVE to grill. Tomorrow is another long day at the winery, and they are calling for possible snow flurries, so we may be eating that corned beef that wasn't ready last night.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by karyn (Enjoy your St. Paddy...)
How fun! A weekend at the lake and a new kitchen!!!

The kitchen is a disaster area from last night - huge dinner a little too late, had to leave here EARLY this am for a dr's appointment. Now we're home and I've got to get to work. Tonight is leftovers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by Harborwitch (How fun! A weekend ...)
We are doing beef tostados. Easy and good!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by Old Bay (We are doing beef to...)
Oh man, what a late St. Paddy's dinner we had!!!! I posted on the holiday thread - so, I guess now we can let that one go for the year unless someone is later cooking theirs than I was.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Oh man, what a late ...)
I'm making mine tomorrow, but I can find it easily. I still don't know how I'm making it though. UMMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/18 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making mine tomo...)
Well, I hate to admit it, but I think C@H's is better than Atties.
www.achefsjourney.com