What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I guess I'm following Barbara's lead, we're kind of having breakfast for dinner - Hash (made from those delicious short ribs from the other night) with a fried, golden-runny egg on top, toasted soda bread and home-canned apricots.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm doing my St. Paddy's Day dinner tonight. In addition to the C@H Corned beef, we'll have steamed cabbage and garlic mashers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We were supposed to be having the farewell/happy birthday bash tonight. But, the weather is so miserable that we've canceled it. Our friend Bob is coming up and bringing chicken to cook. Francois talked about doing lamb. I have no idea.

I do know that I'm going to heat up left over potato cakes and top them with a nice fried egg! Yummmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Harborwitch (We were supposed to ...)
OMG - I think that was the best hash I've ever made. I swear those short ribs cooked the way they were have been excellent in everything I've used them for.

[Image: HashwithEgg.jpg]

The corned beef can be for pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by cjs (OMG - I think that w...)
Leaning towards Tonkatsu, fried cabbage, and jasmine rice.

Or salmon, asparagus and yellow rice. If Tony finds some nice looking salmon at Costco we'll have that and then hae the japanese pork cutlets tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Trixxee (Leaning towards Tonk...)
Looks yummy, Jean.

You know Trixxee, I had forgotten about that. I think I'll put that on the menu for next week....something really different.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks yummy, Jean.[b...)
We're doing dry aged rib eyes, creamed spinach, and potato galette--celebrating being home with no commitments for an entire weekend!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Old Bay (We're doing dry aged...)
We have plans to go to a charity dance for the local food bank tonight. Ticket includes 'heavy hors d'oeuvres'. Looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Old Bay (We're doing dry aged...)
"celebrating being home with no commitments for an entire weekend!!" Very cool! You guys have earned it. Travel is fun, but there's no place like home.

My house is really smelling wonderful! I can't wait for it to get ready.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/19? by Gourmet_Mom ("celebrating being h...)
It's nice once in a while, isn't it, Bill?

"heavy on the hors d'oeuvres" - hmmmm, take notes, Jeannette.
www.achefsjourney.com