Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We're back to the Carb book for 3-4 nights a week now and tonight is a HAMBURGER! Come hell or high water, I'm grilling it. It's silly to get this excited about a burger, but I do love them. and a multi-bean salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
I will do something with a pork tenderloin and potatoes tonight. I remember a great recipe that was on the cover a few years ago. I will have to look that up today.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by luvnit (I will do something ...)
I'm making the chicken breasts with blueberry sauce & blue cheese with sweet potatoes from one of the CAH cookbooks. We've made it several times and really like it!
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making the chick...)
An experiment of sorts. I did a pizza dough, along the lines of Country Bread (with the cornmeal) and raised it overnight. For a topping I'm planning mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, onions, bacon and Stilton. I'm hoping the overnight rise will give the dough a lot of depth.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by farnfam (An experiment of sor...)
Leftover lasagna...OMG this was so good. Takes 2 days to make but so worth it. I'll post the recipe when I get home if anyone is interested. While the recipe calls for making homemade spinach pasta, I cheated and used regular pasta sheets. But the flavor...wow
  Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Jean I'm so craving a grilled hamburger - but Bob would have to stand in 4" of water to pull that off.

I think tonight is going to be chicken pot pie with a biscuit topping or a pie crust - not sure yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by DFen911 (Leftover lasagna...O...)
Quote:

Leftover lasagna... Takes 2 days to make but so worth it.

Doesn't all leftover lasagna take 2 days to make???

I would love the recipe. I have been craving a great lasagna. So has my wonderful neighbor who needs another homecooked meal.
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well my neighbor accepted my dinner invite for tonight and I couldn't find the pork tenderoin recipe I wanted. So I am adapting the Peppered Beef Filets recipe from Issue No. 66 Dec. 2007.

We will have:
Pepper crusted pork tenderloin
with a balsamic glaze
Garlic Spinach and
Roasted potatoes with Blue Cheese
Butterscotch Cream Pie for dessert

I will try to take a few photos. Now I am excited for dinner!
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by luvnit (Well my neighbor acc...)
I'm doing the Japanese Pork Cutlets tonight. I'll have to do a search for the name so I can find the recipe for the sauce...starts with a T. ANYWAY, I'm serving it with Lemon Rice and Garlic Roasted Green Beans.

This weekend I'm determined to pull together some low cal recipes for the next few weeks. We have GOT to take off some pounds. It's in the 80's today and some of my summer wardrobe might not fit if I don't take some off! If some of you have some of the Carb Book recipes that you loved, I'd be most grateful if you'd pass them along. I don't have the book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday 3/22 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing the Japane...)
I think I posted some of the Carb Lover recipes, I'll look Daphne.

That hamburger tasted so good! And, I'm so proud of us, we split a hoagie roll for the bun and the patty was 2.7 oz. Good on us!! Along with the bean salad.

But, I did do some other playing and thought some of you might enjoy seeing this one. It's really, really old, but it sure fits in to today's dollar stretcher ideas.

Beef Fritters

3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1/2 lb. Ground beef
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Dash of pepper
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. minced parsley
1 T. grated onion
Dash of Tabasco
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten

Blend together the egg yolks, ground beef, baking powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, onion and Tabasco. Gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites to a fairly smooth consistency.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased (I sprayed it) griddle heated over medium-low heat. Cook until puffed and brown, 4 minutes, then turn over and cook another 4 minutes until brown on other side. Serve at once. Makes 12 fritters.

[Image: beeffritterswswttatofries2.jpg]

And, the nice thing much more healthy than a patty with all ground beef. Great little munchies.

Don't you love my new F.F. holders?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com