What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23??
  Re: (...)
What is everyone having for dinner tonight?

This is supposed to be the best day of the week, so I'm determined to grill, but I've only got chicken thawed out. Oh well, at least I can cook it outside.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by cjs (What is everyone hav...)
Not sure what we are going to have tonight. I will have to look through my pantry. I can't go anywhere to get anything because the roads are so bad. We had thunder snow last night. Can't say I ever recall a storm like that. I had heard of them, but don't remember ever seeing one.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by luvnit (Not sure what we are...)
Laura, wow! Thunder snow? I've never heard of that. Sorry the roads are so bad. I hope they're better at clearing snow in your part of the world than they are here in Atlanta.

Enjoy grilling, Jean!

I have a teriyaki flank steak in the freezer, so we're going to have the Mongolian Barbecue stir-fry from C@H 46. It's a favorite around here.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by karyn (Laura, wow! Thunder ...)
Well, I got to grill and it felt wonderful!!

Our side dish was from CarbLovers site: http://carbloversdiet.com/

It's thickened with cornstarch and the other ingred. are really very good and it's fast.

Also, if you can get Columbia Crest wine where you are - it was excellent with their dry Riesling. and the chicken also0. Good, tasty dinner. And, if feels good to be back to eating correctly.

Warning: whoever writes the recipes for CarbLovers really needs a few lessons, the ingredient list is all over the board - probably will rewrite the instructions, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by cjs (Well, I got to grill...)
"Warning: whoever writes the recipes for CarbLovers really needs a few lessons, the ingredient list is all over the board - probably will rewrite the instructions, too." That's funny, Jean. I had never really notice that until you were helping me with recipe writing last fall. Now I "see" it all the time and it aggravates me...LOL!

It was REALLY warm here for the last two days, so I'm making Erin's Cobb Pasta Salad with the extra chicken I cooked for the sandwiches Monday...YUM!

I just saw what I may be making this weekend on PW. It's so simple, but sounds sooo good. Basically, you put a Boston Butt in a dutch oven over an onion cut into wedges. Add a whole or half can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and 2 cans of Dr. Pepper. (A tablespoon of brown sugar or two can be added.) Cook low and slow for 6 hours turning several times during cooking time; starting and ending with fat side up. Shred and serve as tacos, nachos, etc.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by Gourmet_Mom ("Warning: whoever wr...)
PW = Pioneer Woman?????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by cjs (PW = Pioneer Woman??...)
Yes...I check in daily, because her posts are funny, and she has GREAT give-aways. She's giving away a Nikon D90 camera now! Wish me luck! (over 35,00 posted in the comments to win...LOL!)

I've been wanting to make the Coca-cola Ribs soooo bad, but this may come first. Sounds like a great idea to me!

I feel so efficient! I just put the salad together AND put the stuff in the crockpot for the Classic Pot Roast from the Slow Cooker book in a matter of minutes, and dishes are done! COOL! I LOVE when things come together smooth and simple like that! Dinner tomorrow night (my most tired night), will be even more easy! I've got mashers left over from the other night, so I'll just warm those a little (they need to be used) and serve the beef over with some peas on the side. Simple, Simple!!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (Yes...I check in dai...)
Shrimp Sandwiches with Tarragon-Caper Mayo.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by Trixxee (Shrimp Sandwiches wi...)
YUM! That sounds great, Trixxee! Are the shrimp fried, roasted, or sautéed? Either way, I'm guessing it's good! What else goes on the sammie? I love the flavors you've got going on in your mayo!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 3/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! That sounds gr...)
Here you go Daphne. It's my first time making it so I can't vouch for it just yet but the mayo mixture tastes really good so far! But I am just sauteeing medium shrimp with a garlic powder, onion powder/paprika sprinkle and will slice those in half. I'm also putting it on a toasted french baguette rubbed garlic (which will probably make it extra messy - everything will fall out!).

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ise-239068