More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure
  Re: (...)
Bill will let us know more about these goodies, but I do know (from him) they are: "Capers Blade oysters harvested off Capers Island just off Charleston. Small, plump and sweet--best I ever ate!!"

[Image: Oysters.jpg]

and one of these days, Jane will get Bill to smile for the camera......
[Image: Bill.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by cjs (Bill will let us kno...)
Thanks Jean--I really am having a good time!!! These pictures were taken at Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar--great place for lunch. This was the day before we met Daphne & William.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by Old Bay (Thanks Jean--I reall...)
Bob wants to know: was there something wrong with the oysters? Was Jane threatening to take them from you? Did they not give you enough? Did you not want to wait for the picture?? Why aren't you grinning like an idot (which he would be doing if those were in front of him!)LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by Harborwitch (Bob wants to know: w...)
Too funny, Sharon! I think Bill will be talking about these oysters until his next visit to the area. Although, next time, I will have to try to see that he gets some Stump Sound Oysters...a favorite around here. They're hard to get, but when you can...OYSTER ROAST!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by Gourmet_Mom (Too funny, Sharon! ...)
I can't wait to get a chance to try these little guys! WOW
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by Harborwitch (I can't wait to get ...)
I've never had a raw oyster...I'm still leery on that

Bill doesn't look upset he looks ready to dig in and doesn't want to be paused hehe
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by DFen911 (I've never had a raw...)
Considering he ordered them three times, and this could have been experience number 3....you may be right! LOL! (I'm pretty sure this is experience number three, because Bill told us he had ordered them three times, and he mentions that this is the day before they met us for dinner...LOL!)

I still regret we didn't get a chance to sample them. We tried before we left, but we didn't find any of the restaurants Bill recommended open before we left. But they're on the menu for the next trip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by DFen911 (I've never had a raw...)
Sometimes I just HAVE to have them raw, sometimes just barely grilled - Bob and Jean are masters of grilled oysters!

I love the little sweet ones raw! It came to me late in life, at about 40!
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by Harborwitch (Sometimes I just HAV...)
Wow, thank you Sharon - I'm not a big fan of raw, but do love them grilled just the slightest bit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More of Bill & Jane's Excellent Adventure by cjs (Wow, thank you Sharo...)
Quote:

Wow, thank you Sharon - I'm not a big fan of raw, but do love them grilled just the slightest bit.

What is the process of grilling "just the slightest bit"?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".