What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm with Bill & Jane - we're having his birthday dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Thinking about this Thai Chicken Salad from the current Cooking Light. A friend made it yesterday and she said it was very good. The dressing sounds delicious!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0000111132
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by Trixxee (Thinking about this ...)
I put a roast in the crock pot last night using the Classic Pot Roast in the C@H Slow Cooker Book. William put it in the cooker this morning. I came home to a WONDERFUL smelling house and dinner almost done. I'll warm some mashers from a previous meal and cook some peas. I love easy meals like this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (I put a roast in the...)
Daphne - We LOVED that pot roast recipe!

I think we have stir fry left among our menu choices for the week...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by HomeCulinarian (Daphne - We LOVED th...)
Jeannette, this is one of our favorites. I can prep it while fixing dinner one night, stick the liner in the fridge, and have William pop it in the cooker in the morning. When I get home...dinner's done! One of these days I'm going to just throw the potatoes in there, too, and heck with the mashers! I think there's enough liquid to make it work.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jeannette, this is o...)
I don't think I've made this one, should look at it. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by cjs (I don't think I've m...)
Jean, it's pretty basic, but it makes a VERY tender beef roast. I've used chuck and rump....the rump this time being the best. A small roast will give me dinner, lunch, and hot roast beef sammies tomorrow night, at least. That's a pretty good deal for a 6 dollar piece of meat and a few veggies that always live in my veggie drawer.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by HomeCulinarian (Daphne - We LOVED th...)
Tonight was Chicken Tortilla soup in the crock pot.

I have also made that potroast - a couple of times I think. It is very good. We also really liked the italian potroast in the same issue.

Trixxee. That sald looks great. Please review. It will have to wait for warmer weather though. But it is getting a little nicer.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by esgunn (Tonight was Chicken ...)
Trixxee, in my wine overload yesterday ( ), I missed the Thai salad you mentioned. Just looked at it and copied it - my it sounds good. Hope you liked it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 3/24?? by cjs (Trixxee, in my wine ...)
Well, I thought the dressing would be better! I think it was missing something but I'm not sure what. I didn't use any salt, that may have been one thing. Maybe it needed some rice wine vinegar? I've never made a peanut dressing before so I'll have to investigate.

We still ate every darn bit of it. I used probably 3/4 napa cabbage to 1/4 romaine. I also added radishes, green onions and cilantro. And I topped it with cashews since that's all I had. I just need to tinker with the dressing a bit.