Pugliese pictures
  Re: (...)
Okay, here are the pix as promised, although the loaf is not the way it's suppose to be done. Normally, Pugliese is done in the round or an oval, but I had stored the second piece of dough in a glass bread pan in the frig. When I got up this morning, it had risen to the point of being ready for the oven, so I went ahead and baked it off for 40 minutes at 400F. So, it's pretty versatile and just as tasty.

As you can see in the photo, this bread does not have a thick crust, but it is chewy and really good with sesame seeds on top. The interior is fluffy but a little bit like a fresh baked pretzel and has a nice chew as well.

My next project will probably be the regular Italian Bread recipe from the same book. It's a little bit different and calls for diastatic barley malt powder, which I don't have yet.

[Image: March2011008.jpg]

[Image: March2011010.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Pugliese pictures by Mare749 (Okay, here are the p...)
Wow Marryann! It looks fantastic!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pugliese pictures by esgunn (Wow Marryann! It lo...)
I can't believe my baking weekend got busted. I soooo wanted to make the Rye. And I would have definitely added this one to the weekend baking project! POOH!

It looks WONDERFUL, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pugliese pictures by Gourmet_Mom (I can't believe my b...)
Oh my but that looks sooo good! I am already envisioning sandwich fixings for it, but not sure it would last long enough to make one
  Re: Re: Pugliese pictures by DFen911 (Oh my but that looks...)
I am making this one soon !
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Pugliese pictures by mjkcooking ( I am making this on...)
Looks wonderful and so good, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Beautiful! That inspires dreams of warm melting butter on still warm bread . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pugliese pictures by Harborwitch (Beautiful! That ins...)
That looks incredibly delicious! I think bread is my favorite food group. LOL. I would like a piece of that toasted, right now!

I really need to attempt it sometime.
Wow, that looks just beautiful! Good job. Now I want to bake bread!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura