What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

The winery I cook for often is having their Crab feed Saturday night, and I'm making my Bean & Bacon salad for it - wierd matching, but that is what they have asked for, so who's to argue?

For dinner, I'm testing a McCormick's Brown Sugar Bourbon marinade with steak. Maybe some frites or a grain....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight's book club night for me. Hubby has leftover Winter Pork Stew for his dinner. We read 'Every Last One' by Anna Quindlen. Looking forward to discussing it with my girls...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by HomeCulinarian (Tonight's book club ...)
Trying another new one. I'll be replacing the halibut with a tilapia loin (love those thicker loins).

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...rry-364570
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by Trixxee (Trying another new o...)

Not sure about dinner just yet, but I am making this for my dad for lunch today. Doesn't this sounds yummy?

Sesame Shrimp and Noodles courtesy of Martha Stewart on www.delish.com/recipes

Coarse salt
Ground pepper
2 ounce(s) thin spaghetti
2 tablespoon(s) orange marmalade
1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon(s) red-wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
6 ounce(s) medium shrimp
1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions

In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, bell pepper, and scallions; toss to combine. Transfer to a rimmed (or toaster-oven) baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
Heat broiler (or toaster oven). Broil, 4 inches from heat source, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer contents of baking sheet to pot; toss with pasta to combine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by Trixxee (Trying another new o...)
That dish really got some good reviews, Trixxee - and, I have halibut in the freezer, also.

Jeannette - I've been wondering what you're reading. Off to check out "Every Last One"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by cjs (That dish really got...)
Quote:

Jeannette - I've been wondering what you're reading. Off to check out "Every Last One"

If you are really interested, I'm good about keeping my Shelfari reading list up to date. It helps me keep track of what I've read and recommendations for future books to read.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
geez, I keep forgetting to go over there. thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by cjs (geez, I keep forgett...)
Maryann and Trixxee, BOTH of those recipes sound wonderful! I've figured out that we DO like curry dishes, I just keep forgetting. I'm putting that one on the short list. The Sesame Shrimp and Noodles sound wonderful! That's going on the list also. How'd you like it, Maryann?

I was going to have William make his Hamburger Soup, but he had already gotten home. The next thing I could think of was Salisbury Steak, but that calls for mashers and peas....trying to cut back on starches. Then I remembered the French Onion Soup Salisbury Steak dish. I know it's got that piece of toast, but I'll use half a piece, and we'll have salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by cjs (geez, I keep forgett...)
Quote:

geez, I keep forgetting to go over there. thanks.

I do too!

We're on the Highway - heading north! The crockpot is smelling really really good! Short ribs with carrots, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and for some strange reason - turnips. Hmmmm - do they eat turnips in Italy??? I might do a risotto with orzo - or perhaps polenta/??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann and Trixxee,...)
I love it when people post recipes and/or links for me to look at. Those sound wonderful Maryann and Trixxee!

We're having a quick dinner of chicken cutlets with a red wine pan sauce, roasted asparagus and brown rice pilaf from a box. If you haven't tried this stuff you might want to look for it. It's delicious.