Whew!
  Re: (...)
We're on the road! It was a crazy late start - but we needed to get going. We had to deal with lots of muck and mud, got stuck twice (once in the van and then the rear axles on the coach got stuck) we had to get towed out by management both times.

We might get to Meatball tonight. Sniff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Whew! by Harborwitch (We're on the road! ...)
WOW! What a start! I hope things get better. I guess not tonight.

"We might get to Meatball tonight. Sniff!" Oh how I wish he was there to greet you with a big dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whew! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! What a start! ...)
Congratulations on being underway - what's your route. Keep in contact re the highways, Washington is expecting slides. Oregon also, I think. Be careful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Whew! by cjs (Congratulations on b...)
Sharon, please stay in touch with somebody! That doesn't sound good! Take care and don't rush!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whew! by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, please stay ...)
Safe travels, Sharon and Bob.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Whew! by cjs (Congratulations on b...)
Thanks Jean. We're taking 5 up to 84 and then across to 395 up to Warden. I've been checking 5 up through Oregon - the

roads looked clear yesterday. We can always pull over. I think Bob's going to call Sage Hills tomorrow and he can ask about the weather there.

I'm trying to type this with Opie sitting in my lap - sweaty Pomerania paws are digging into my legs and he keeps turning his head so I can't see the monitor.
I've

We're not going to make it to Meatball. Probably just to the border.
  Re: Re: Whew! by Harborwitch (Thanks Jean. We're t...)
Oh do be careful and take your time! Make the trip fun. You guys are gonna have such an adventure once you get up there!
  Re: Re: Whew! by DFen911 (Oh do be careful and...)
We'll be stopping somewhere tomorrow - winds are supposed to be brutal tomorrow in WA so we'll be stopping for the night somewhere.