Hey Sharon!
  Re: (...)
In case you see this before you get to the border - weather and road conditions permitting, if you take the Washington side of the highway, which is 14 - it's absolutely gorgeous. Two lane road, but we've pulled the trailers over it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Sharon! by cjs (In case you see this...)
I think we went that way once, and it is stunning. I just looked at the map - that is the way we're going. DUH - helps if the navigator looks at the map.

How's the weather up there?? We heard "high wind warnings" for the Warden area so we'll more than likely find somewhere to bunk down tonight and continue on in the AM.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by Harborwitch (I think we went that...)
Well, over here we're in a lull - hopefully Erin will come on since she's more in the way of where you'll be going, albiet some mountains to get over for the weather.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by cjs (Well, over here we'r...)
The mountains are why we're going 14! We're almost to Yreka. It sounds like weather will be good to around White Salmon on 14. Then some possible showers - but light winds.

We called Sage Hills - He said it nice weather there, I mentioned that the Weather Channel had high wind warnings. He then admitted that it was a little windy!
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by Harborwitch (The mountains are wh...)
Sorry I missed you all. Calm right now as of 2:00pm. No rain or wind here. Sure was nasty yesterday. Rivers are supposed to peak tonight and tomorrow morning for flooding.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by esgunn (Sorry I missed you a...)
Does the Columbia flood????
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by Harborwitch (Does the Columbia fl...)
No!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by esgunn (No!...)
No! (is there an echo in here??)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by cjs (No! (is there an ech...)
Whew!!!!! Didn't think so - but stuff changes.
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! by Harborwitch (Whew!!!!! Didn't t...)
Not the Mighty Columbia...
www.achefsjourney.com