Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo
  Re: (...)
I just had to show them off to somebody. These were baked for 10 minutes at 500F. Later on tonight, I'll put them back on the baking sheet and warm them in the oven for 10 minutes or so.

[Image: March2011013.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by Mare749 (I just had to show t...)
oh good Lord, I'm glad I copied it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by cjs (oh good Lord, I'm gl...)
Those look amazing! This one is definitely on the short list!
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by karyn (Those look amazing! ...)
Wow! They are huge!
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by HomeCulinarian (Wow! They are huge!...)
Just so you all know, I doubled the ingredients and the dough! Also, I stretched it out as thin as I could because I didn't want it to be too "bready" if you get my drift.
Maryann

Absolutely gorgeous! Now to back track and copy that recipe. Great job!
PJ
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by pjcooks (Absolutely gorgeous!...)
I've got to back up also. Those look wonderful! I like the idea of "stretching" the dough as thin as possible. That's one thing I haven't liked about calzones I've had before.....too bready. That's why I've never been interested in making them before. Hadn't thought about making the dough thinner....DUH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by Gourmet_Mom (I've got to back up ...)
I did that with the Stromboli last week so there wasn't so much bready.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my those are pretty! . . . . and sound good too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sausage and Eggplant Calzone photo by Harborwitch (Oh my those are pret...)
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. As much as I loved the filling for these, they were still too bready for my taste. Also, I think they would be better made into small "individual" calzones and rolled or stretched out even more.

Since I thought the filling was soooo tasty, next time I'll just use it for a topping for bruschetta or a thin crust pizza.
Maryann