Shrimp Poop!
  Re: (...)
Piddle, remember the prawns I 'presented' in a shooter over black bean puree that Denise so graciously said looked like baby poop? Well.... I'm working on a recipe for "Bacon-Wrapped Prawns and Oysters (...or clams...or.... ) and I worked with smoked oysters today.

[Image: SmkOysterShrimpwbacon.jpg]
[Image: SmkOysterstuffedShrimpwbacon2.jpg]
[Image: plattershrimpstuffedwSmkOysterandbacon.jpg]

Wonderful flavor, it really works, but after the first bite, the remaining looks like the prawn poop line exploded - don't know how else to put it, so I'll try with fresh oysters and see if that helps, but darn it was such a good flavor. If I can do one bite (amuse bouche) maybe it would work.

Back to the drawing board.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Shrimp Poop! by cjs (Piddle, remember the...)
Looks delicious to me! I wouldn't worry about it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Mare749 (Looks delicious to m...)
Thank you - maybe I should wait to see what 'what's her name' says about this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by cjs (Thank you - maybe I ...)
They look good to me, too! But you didn't show one after a bite. Why would it matter what it looked like after a first bite, anyway?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by cjs (Thank you - maybe I ...)
They look really good Jean! Smaller shrimp??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Harborwitch (They look really goo...)
Thought of smaller, but it's so hard to get an oyster (or clam or whatever I end up stuffing with) of any size in them.....

Maybe you're right, Daphne and Maryann - after the first bite who cares?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Harborwitch (They look really goo...)
How about putting the sauce over the top? Wouldn't look like poop then.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Old Bay (How about putting th...)
Sweetie, the 'poop' is on the bottom.... I can't really believe we're having this conversation.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Old Bay (How about putting th...)
Jean, have you tried stuffing with crab? There's your salsa recipe with cilantro and then the dip recipe we used to make the pizza.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Shrimp Poop! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, have you tried...)
I really wanted something different, something 'solid' - does that make sense? so I'm trying to stay away from crab - need a unique stuffing.
www.achefsjourney.com