T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We're having a 'date' night - going to see "The Lincoln Lawyer" - loved the book. Then going to Sabai Thai for Rad Nah that one of the cooks just put on their menu. YUM!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

We're having a 'date' night - going to see "The Lincoln Lawyer" - loved the book. Then going to Sabai Thai for Rad Nah that one of the cooks just put on their menu. YUM!

Tell me what you think of the movie. It sounds interesting, but it has Matthew McConaughey in it, whom I've only liked in Amistad and We Are Marshall, so I'm still deciding whether to give it a chance or not (or, more likely, just to wait until it's on HBO or the like).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
will do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by cjs (will do....)
Loved the book as well.

Take out tonight - carnitas sopes for me. Chicken burrito for the husband. We've got our bbq tomorrow for my son's 12th birthday so I'll be busy cleaning the entire house this afternoon so no cooking.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Loved the book as we...)
Since it's Opening Day we should be having Chicago Style hot dogs and fries with malt vinegar on them!

I think we'll probably have some sort of a salad before we go to the dance instead.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Since it's Opening D...)
Whatever Ron brings home with him. No cooking today. I had a little accident at home last night, tripping over my own feet while walking with a wooden TV table in my hands. I couldn't stop the fall and when I went down the corner of the table nailed me in my right ribs. It's not pretty. Thank goodness I had pain-killers leftover from surgery last year!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Whatever Ron brings ...)
Oh Maryann!!! You be careful! All shades of purple, are you?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Oh Maryann!!! You be...)
Yeah, just a bit, but fortunately my sweetie is home and he takes very good care of me!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Yeah, just a bit, bu...)
Oh, Maryann...poor thing. I'm glad Ron's there to wait on you.

Jean, the talk radio show I listen to in the mornings has a movie critic review a movie every Friday. He reviewed Hop, which he REALLY hated...so badly, he asked the operator to please put on Lincoln Lawyer. Like Labs, he didn't have high hopes but wound up LOVING it. I don't know if he read the book, so that would definitely make a difference in the viewing pleasure. There are very few instances where I enjoyed a book made into a movie. Regarding Hop, he said that the only people that would enjoy it would be under 11 years old. And if you have kids of that age...pay somebody to take them. You'll be glad you did....LOL!

Back to dinner....steak night tonight! I won't enjoy my evening nearly as much as usual....gotta go to school tomorrow for half a workday AND do grades! I know you guys are probably tired of hearing me whine about this one, so the whining will be over now....well, starting tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. (No April's Fool) - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Maryann...poor t...)
Maryann, feel better! I hate it when I'm clumsy, but I'm glad to hear you're being well cared for.

I've spent the day cleaning our lake house (a long overdue project) so we're going out for Mexican.