C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies
  Re: (...)
I'm just about out of soup in the freezer, so time to start stocking up again. I've made so many from this book, I want to try some new ones.

Has anyone made the Chicken Curry on page 65? The add on is a mango salad. Looks really good.

Also, the Kung Pao shrimp soup on page 45, looks interesting...haven't made either. The add on is just an enhanced Asian broth. has anyone?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by cjs (I'm just about out o...)
The Kung Pao Shrimp soup is very good! Haven't tried the Chicken Curry, though.
  Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by cjs (I'm just about out o...)
Whine! I don't have this book. Kung Pao shrimp soup sounds like something wonderful.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by Harborwitch (Whine! I don't have...)
"Kung Pao shrimp soup" That does sound good. It's not supposed to return to Spring again for another week. I may have to check that one out myself.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by Gourmet_Mom ("Kung Pao shrimp sou...)
I love the sound of that one, too. Not so sure I would freeze it though. Might make the shrimp tough?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by Mare749 (I love the sound of ...)
Some I freeze and some we just go through. And, it is such darn soup weather here. We finally had to install a grow light in the green house, the poor lettuce was not going to make it with no light. But, the peas have 'pea pods' on them!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by cjs (Some I freeze and so...)
The chicken curry soup sounds good. Did you make it yet?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies by Mare749 (The chicken curry so...)
No, I worked on the winery deal the last couple days and I'm giving a big 'formal' dinner party next Sat. night testing out '200 Small Plates' recipes. But, I should get a couple of soups ready anyway, we're going to need some easy/fast meals.
www.achefsjourney.com